Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 with Typhoon H (a definite Yes!)

Reaction score
My apologies if you all already know this, but having only seen info to the contrary here thought I'd post to be sure everyone knew...

Just spoken to Yuneec on the phone, who have solved something i was wondering about, having read on these very forums that the C23 camera was too heavy for the Typhoon H standard.
Well, apparently, not ! Their website has been updated, and a Yuneec employee specifically told me that yes, there is now a separate version of the C23 for the standard Typhoon H, which will retail for MRP 899 euros and will be here very soon.

This is also on their recently updated UK web site, but hasn't yet appeared in the actual shop section.

I was so excited that it was available, annoyingly I did forget to ask about flight times ! But if it's anything over 10 mins I can almost feel the cash floating out of my wallet, and I imagine a good few other H owners might feel the same, so just updating us all with my latest findings...

Last edited:
Back in January (I think), when the Plus was announced, there was a video from a trade show where a Yuneec employee was touting the C23 would be available for the standard Typhoon H. Since then there has been any number of statements that 'yes' it would or 'no' it wouldn't. Time will tell but, if or when it comes out, the price of the plus will likely have dropped to around 1,500 or so for the base model and at 1000.00 bucks for the C23, I would be hard pressed not to justify 500.00 more; for two fresh batteries, an ST-16S and a Typhoon H Plus. I do get that it will fit the bill for some to just have the better camera, all I am saying is if you think the camera is the best part of the H Plus, don't ever borrow your friends Plus for a Flight cause you're likely to find the flying part of the Plus is something you also gotta have. Kinda like diving 92 Ford Fiesta and then having the keys to a brand new (Your Favorite Sports/Luxury Car Here) thrown to you. ;)

Back in January (I think), when the Plus was announced, there was a video from a trade show where a Yuneec employee was touting the C23 would be available for the standard Typhoon H. Since then there has been any number of statements that 'yes' it would or 'no' it wouldn't. Time will tell but, if or when it comes out, the price of the plus will likely have dropped to around 1,500 or so for the base model and at 1000.00 bucks for the C23, I would be hard pressed not to justify 500.00 more; for two fresh batteries, an ST-16S and a Typhoon H Plus. I do get that it will fit the bill for some to just have the better camera, all I am saying is if you think the camera is the best part of the H Plus, don't ever borrow your friends Plus for a Flight cause you're likely to find the flying part of the Plus is something you also gotta have. Kinda like diving 92 Ford Fiesta and then having the keys to a brand new (Your Favorite Sports/Luxury Car Here) thrown to you. ;)
As I told Mr Carr, if I could buy the h + for $400 I would. This tells me the camera is overpriced and the H + is underpriced but you point is well taken.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
As I told Mr Carr, if I could buy the h + for $400 I would. This tells me the camera is overpriced and the H + is underpriced but you point is well taken.
Well, you won't get the H Plus w/o the camera for $400 anytime soon. The cameras are all overpriced when sold singly. The package price is always lower than the individual components. In the case of the H Plus, I have to agree with @Ty Pilot. The Plus seems to be a much improved platform in both performance and reliability. But it also lacks many of the nice features of the H. We'll just have to wait to see if that changes.

The prices are also meant to steer you to the ultimate goal of buying the whole thing. If they sold the camera for 500.00 and released it at the same time as the Full Boat, Half of those that have bought already may have likely just gotten the camera.

Now I hate to agree with both of you but at the same time promising an update for the 480 and then making it cheaper to buy the 520- is a lot frustrating. How about$750 for the camera and$750 for the rest?

Now I hate to agree with both of you but at the same time promising an update for the 480 and then making it cheaper to buy the 520- is a lot frustrating. How about$750 for the camera and$750 for the rest?
Besides I'm waiting for Steve to install his wood magnet on his 520- so I can get the wrecked parts for next to nothing:p

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I guess the term "cheaper" in reference to the 520 is a relative term;) What's the scoop with a promised 480 update?

I guess the term "cheaper" in reference to the 520 is a relative term;) What's the scoop with a promised 480 update?
For me spending $1300 for the c23 for the 480 versus $1700 for the whole 520- makes the package cheaper in my little brain. I'd be willing to part with $750 for the c23 but consider $1300 a rip off and an insult for what was promised/marketed for the 480.

I appears to me that the C23 is physically longer and could become the 3rd landing gear on a TH (480). Are not the legs on the TH+ longer than the TH?

It is an optical illusion and in fact, the C23 itself is considerably shorter and it is the antennae that make the C23 almost as tall as a CG03+ but the CG03 just slightly taller. The legs of the plus are identical.

CamH3.jpg

Reactions: Rubik
C23 DIMENSIONS 115 x 80 x 130 mm WEIGHT350 grams

Cg03+ DIMENSIONS 115 x 74 x 135 mm WEIGHT255 grams

The C23 is 3.36 ounces or 95 grams heavier. Shouldn't reduce flight time by much for the H(480).

I don't think Yuneec has power consumption specs on either camera. I'd put more drain from the weight than the current draw of a larger sensor.

I put up a post that had a link to calculate weight and numerous other factors but I'm not bright enough to use it and no one took me up on the offer to use it to calculate the weight difference in consumption.

Additional weight will mean higher operating amperage to the motors to provide additional lift. This will lead to conditions where internal resistance will increase at a faster rate, shortening overall battery life, beyond just individual flight times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis