Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cables? Camera-to-Drone/Camera-to-Steady Grip

Reaction score
Since my H-bird is still at Carolina Dronz for repairs (for eternity?) I've picked up a Q500. I've read and seen youtube videos that insist that a small cable must connect between the CGO3 camera and both the drone body or the Steadygrip device. I can see where this cable attaches on the camera and the drone and the steadygrip. However, I also see that there is an automatic three-terminal connection that meets up with mate terminals in the top of the camera gimbal. Neither the H or the Q500 came with this connecting cable. What am I missing here? Do I need to make the cable connection? For what purpose? My Q500 camera seems to communicate with the ST-10+ controller just fine with no cable attached. The camera is marked "4K" just below the lens.
Another issue: the CGO3 app. for use with the Steadgrip. I was abe to downloaded the app on my older LG phone and my Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2017) tablet. However, neither one connects with the camera . But the ST-10+ does connect. I can't find the CGO3 camera choice when I browse my WI-Fi settings on the phone and tablet. I am reluctant to buy a new phone or tablet if it is not necessary.
Anyone with ideas why is the phone and tablet will not connect?

There is no need to use the cable if the slip contacts are working. It is only a good backup, when someing goes wrong as often happened in the past. Or, as mine Q500, there are no slip contacts at the drone. The cable is a relict from this old times.

The phone/tablet must have 5GHz WiFi (802.11a/h). Please check if yours have that. If yes, a WiFi Analyzer app may help.

br HE

There is no need to use the cable if the slip contacts are working. It is only a good backup, when someing goes wrong as often happened in the past. Or, as mine Q500, there are no slip contacts at the drone. The cable is a relict from this old times.

The phone/tablet must have 5GHz WiFi (802.11a/h). Please check if yours have that. If yes, a WiFi Analyzer app may help.

br HE
Thanks to H-Elsner.
I think the lack of 802.11ac is the problem with both phone and tablet.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Since my H-bird is still at Carolina Dronz for repairs (for eternity?) I've picked up a Q500. I've read and seen youtube videos that insist that a small cable must connect between the CGO3 camera and both the drone body or the Steadygrip device. I can see where this cable attaches on the camera and the drone and the steadygrip. However, I also see that there is an automatic three-terminal connection that meets up with mate terminals in the top of the camera gimbal. Neither the H or the Q500 came with this connecting cable. What am I missing here? Do I need to make the cable connection? For what purpose? My Q500 camera seems to communicate with the ST-10+ controller just fine with no cable attached. The camera is marked "4K" just below the lens.
Another issue: the CGO3 app. for use with the Steadgrip. I was abe to downloaded the app on my older LG phone and my Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2017) tablet. However, neither one connects with the camera . But the ST-10+ does connect. I can't find the CGO3 camera choice when I browse my WI-Fi settings on the phone and tablet. I am reluctant to buy a new phone or tablet if it is not necessary.
Anyone with ideas why is the phone and tablet will not connect?
What type of batteries are you using in the steady grip ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace