Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Calibrate> Compass

Reaction score
My H is telling me to land immediately and calibrate the compass even though it is on the ground, however when I press the Calibrate>Compass touchscreen button on the ST16 although it lights up as having been pressed, the calibration process does not begin and I am unable to calibrate and hence fly.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

I grab this from another Flyer and this is happening to mine. I Calibrate it then when I get ready to fly again it pops up again. Need a solution for this. To scare to fly if that keeps popping up.

Chances are good that your compass calibration is failing, even if it seems good to you. Compass calibration can be a real pain to get right:oops:.

Besides removing the props, also remove the camera, carefully. You could even practice the compass calibration several times. Learn to pace yourself, not too fast or too slow. Watch the pairs of flashing lights. Stand in the same position from start to finish. At a successful end, the rear light will turn green and the craft will restart. :)

There are other helpful tips on the forum, and videos.
What country are you in?

Chances are good that your compass calibration is failing, even if it seems good to you. Compass calibration can be a real pain to get right:oops:.

Besides removing the props, also remove the camera, carefully. You could even practice the compass calibration several times. Learn to pace yourself, not too fast or too slow. Watch the pairs of flashing lights. Stand in the same position from start to finish. At a successful end, the rear light will turn green and the craft will restart. :)

There are other helpful tips on the forum, and videos.
What country are you in?

I am in the United States

I am in the United States
I always remove ALL METAL before calibrating (apart from my fillings), place it in the case, place H at least 10m away, return to ST 16 and start calibration process, return to H and calibrate.
Get as far away from anything metal, power lines, drainage whatever...
Calibration is key to obtaining great performance, I do accelorometer with a spirit level, my H is a beauty, rock solid in every way (I might regret stating that hah)

Reactions: BrightonBlue
I would create a new model in your ST-16 and rebind. This process has fixed alot of issues.

Just how useful is it to remove the camera while calibrating the compass?
Does it really make a difference?

Power up your H with the camera installed and hold it upside down for a little bit. Note what the gimbal is doing. Does anyone really think that's good for the gimbal?

Now, consider what about 10 G's of 360* rotational force is doing to those tiny gimbal motors every time it's flipped. No reason to be lazy, or scared. Remove the gimbal before a compass cal.

Hi, and sorry for the hi-jack, I a new H owner (only flown once) - do I need to calibrate the compass every time I fly or just on the initial setup?

Hi, and sorry for the hi-jack, I a new H owner (only flown once) - do I need to calibrate the compass every time I fly or just on the initial setup?

I will calibrate the compass when in any of the following situations:

1) If I am more than 50 miles away from the last location that I calibrated the compass.

2) If the craft gives me any compass warning, upon immediate landing.

3) If I have completed a firmware update.

I'm sure other members will chime in...

I will calibrate the compass when in any of the following situations:

1) If I am more than 50 miles away from the last location that I calibrated the compass.

2) If the craft gives me any compass warning, upon immediate landing.

3) If I have completed a firmware update.

I'm sure other members will chime in...

That sounds correct.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimal khan