Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Calibration help

Reaction score
I having major trouble getting this to calibrate on the st16, the J4 and J3 aren't working properly as well, hardly moving.

Attachments

• 20180103_192109.jpg
    20180103_192109.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 30
  • 20180103_234200.jpg
    20180103_234200.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 27
clean the stick, I use WD40, others say not to.

Last edited:
I having major trouble getting this to calibrate on the st16, the J4 and J3 aren't working properly as well, hardly moving.
Blow them out with air or a proper contact cleaner. Do not ever use WD-40 on your investment. WD-40 is a lubricant and machine parts cleaner, an oil, and is a dust magnet. WD-40 will aslo cause the plastics to breakdown over time and become brittle. The oil left behind will with time make your problem worse.

Ever been in a machine shop? They are always dirty and everything is covered in thick dust. That is because the oils in the air and on the machines attract the dust and cause it to clump, gather, and fall down. To trust WD-40 on a sensitive piece of equipment is not a good choice for an investment like an ST16.

WD40 also do a plastic safe electrical contact cleaner. There is absolutely no problem using WD 40 so long as it's the electrical contact cleaner variant.

as said above, though. Don't use the lubricant version.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD40-Drying-Contact-Cleaner-250ml
Flushvision, thank you for the link. My sticks are still good but I've just used the link to order some 'cos I know I will need it sooner or later.

Chers! ;)

Flushvision, thank you for the link. My sticks are still good but I've just used the link to order some 'cos I know I will need it sooner or later.

Chers! ;)
You're welcome.
Not sure where you are,Dilly. That link is for Amazon U.K. However, if in America, say, then I'm sure you will find similar through Amazon U.S.A.

Well I read this post in bed yesterday morning then I went fly, but doing my pre flight checks I found an issue with J4
When I move the stick left to right the monitor shows a slow green motion, and not reaching the 100 percent mark. When the stick is back to centre the green marker gets there eventually..
Is it a clean up or new stick control...

Well I read this post in bed yesterday morning then I went fly, but doing my pre flight checks I found an issue with J4
When I move the stick left to right the monitor shows a slow green motion, and not reaching the 100 percent mark. When the stick is back to centre the green marker gets there eventually..
Is it a clean up or new stick control...
Easiest thing first, a clean then a good stir, then see what happens.

Easiest thing first, a clean then a good stir, then see what happens.

Thank you, what’s the worst thing that could happen?, another hole in my pocket....
I like building things not taking them apart..
Move the plates my darling wife, I’m taking over the table...haha

Well after 4 hours plus of cleaning the stick control, its back in, calibrated and working again.
It was a good job I opened the ST16, found a few fluffy grass seeds and a web like string inside.. these must be sucked in by the little fans, every time I place the controller on the grass before I go/retrieve start/stop the H.
Lesson learnt, to place it on a mat of some sort.
I have ordered a landing pad for the H so I don’t get to much dust or grass in the vents/motors!!. The props kick up a bit!!
Thanks Mrgs, a clean is all that’s needed..

Pull out the handle on the ST-16 before laying it on the ground. Helps keeps things from being sucked into the cooling fans.

Or if you have a backpack put it on top. What do you use to carry it?

I have the backpack bag.
Club rules are, you can’t retrieve your craft on the strip with your controller in your hand.
The club field is the only place I can fly at the moment to tune in flight/camera skills, as well as ensuring the the H and controller is working correctly. 4 batteries gets used then its onto our race quads for a quick race, or may be unwind with a glider..
Lesson ( may be for all) is if I’m going to put any controller(s) on the ground. The little fans may suck the great outdoors in! Put something (bag?) down first..?

I have the backpack bag.
Club rules are, you can’t retrieve your craft on the strip with your controller in your hand.
The club field is the only place I can fly at the moment to tune in flight/camera skills, as well as ensuring the the H and controller is working correctly. 4 batteries gets used then its onto our race quads for a quick race, or may be unwind with a glider..
Lesson ( may be for all) is if I’m going to put any controller(s) on the ground. The little fans may suck the great outdoors in! Put something (bag?) down first..?
Perhaps you'll have to invest in the Carbon fiber tray widely talked about on here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval