Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Calibration yuneec typhoon

Reaction score
Ligjts are flashing green and purple, is it calibrated or no? What am I doing wrong? Someone help please and thank you, just got it friday

The attached files should help. The color and frequency of flashes for the Main LED tell you what is going on with the aircraft.

Attachments

• q500_4k_user_manual.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 18
  • q500_4k_cheat_sheet_warning_sheet.pdf
    466.9 KB · Views: 9
Thanks boss, I I may have missed a angle I guess. But it doesn't on my cheat sheet a purple and green pattern. Can I contact you again if it doesn't stay solid green?

My best advise to you just starting out is to remove the camera from the aircraft for the first few flights until you get a feel for takeoffs and landings.

The second thing is to not use “Smart mode” until you have read that section of the manual and totally understand about the safe circle. If you takeoff less than 8 meters away from the aircraft in that mode, there can be unintended motion as the aircraft attempts to get outside the safe circle distance.

The third thing would be to learn how to fly in Angle mode. It is actually the safest mode to fly in.

I think what you may be seeing as green and purple may actually be a solid green with the white flash about every two seconds. The quick white flash tells you that the aircraft and controller have good enough GPS to use the Follow mode. You can get the white flash when you have the solid purple in Angle mode also.

If you have more questions just ask in this thread.

Last edited:
There is one other possibility that could be the red/green flash if the compass calibration failed. If that is the case review that section of the manual and do the calibration in an open area away from any interference.

There is also a program from Yuneec that you can bench test the Q500 with. See this thread Need help programing my Typhoon Q500 -4k

I'm not completely understanding how to get it started in the first step but I have all equipment needed to do

Also, Can you set follow me distance settings? I had breeze 4k once and it was crappy
The Follow/Watch Me on the Q500 works better than the Breeze. The aircraft tracks the GPS position of the ST10+ for those modes. There is no obstacle avoidance so be mindful of aircraft position at all times. You can adjust it with the sticks while in that mode.

I'm not completely understanding how to get it started in the first step but I have all equipment needed to do
I am assuming you are referring to right clicking the GUI icon after installing it on your Windows PC.

You can either right click the icon and select “Run as Administrator” each time or you can right click and select Properties, then select the option to run the program as administrator, then save the setting. This will make it so you can “Run as Administrator” by just double clicking in the future.

I'm out here with my drone now I'm on my q500 and I'm getting a purple flashing light that says it means GPS is lost, how do I fix this problem

I started it up without props on this battery is fully charged, are the suppose to be going faster? They sound like it wouldn't even make it off the ground if they were on

Leave the Q500 and ST12 outside in the open and wait until you get a solid purple. It could take 13 minutes or more if it hasn't been flown in a couple weeks or more.

It doesn't hurt to arm the motors without props on, but if you add throttle in that condition they will fault out with a 5 rotor mode warning. Unlike the Breeze the motors can be armed on the Q500 without taking off. In that condition they are rotating at idle and you will not go airborne until you add throttle.

So it could just need a while to calibrate you think? Its just weird because I watched everyone calibrate and it didnt take nearly that long at all

Also why the green and purple light after calibration? Or did I just ask the same thing twice smh I'm sorry I'm just concerned and dont want to had wasted money...I even got the beeping noises after calibration each time I've tried

Finally got solid purple and solid lights for each mode without flashing but now it's doing it again and it just stopped and now starting again smh

Finally got solid purple and solid lights for each mode without flashing but now it's doing it again and it just stopped and now starting again smh
Are you in an open area with a good open view of the sky?

If you are near buildings, trees, or other objects that block the sky it will acquire GPS and lose it every few seconds.

For the compass calibration you are good if you get the audible tone and the Main LED stops blinking. If the compass calibration fails the Main LED turns solid white and you have to try again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio