Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Calibrations for the Typhoon H

Reaction score
With the camera installed and the drone powered up, turn the aircraft over on its back and watch the gimbal. If the gimbal is bumping, jumping, and does not seem happy, it wasn't designed to deal with those angles and positions. Remove those gimbals for the compass cal. Most camera gimbals are not designed to function inverted and have electronic or physical stop limiters built into them to prevent over rotating.
The amount of social media arguments on this topic! "Camera off" Don't be stupid " Camera on" I've given up on commenting!

Reaction score
When I first purchased the H back in March 2017, I didn't know this Forum existed, I didn't have all the info that's provided here, and I never owned a drone before the H!
Being a pilot helped me understand the dynamics of flight, especially rotor crafts.
At the time I didn't know better about taking the camera off, I didn't. On my madin flight I only flew several feet agl for several days.
Kept it close to me for weeks until I was comfortable going higher and farther out.
It's all about being smart of what you have in your possession, knowing both the limitations of yourself and the drone.
Oh, and I calibrated it with the camera attached, just like the video showed that came with the H.

Reaction score
Last post was nearly a year ago, but here's hoping I can piggyback on this thread with my question...
I get a message to calibrate my compass nearly every time I fly (3-4 days per week), and most flights are in the same location. What might that indicate?

rdonson

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
What is it like where you a setting up to fly???

Are you on a concrete pad with lots of rebar in it?

Are you next to metal structures?

Are you near radio interference sources?

After those questions we may have to consider a bad component or working with the ST16 to create a new model for the TH480.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimP