Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera assistance

Reaction score
Hello All,
This is my first thread.
I recently bought a H520E with the CGOETX thermal camera.
I was hoping to do perform site inspections and minor thermal reading for landfill gasses.

When I got the camera however it doesn't fit into the H520E. I followed the instructions lining up the white line and it wants to go in but it seems that the larger pin in the drone doesn't match the hole in the payload.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jake

Posting photos would help. There are at 4 or 5 other H520e pilots that might be able to offer assistance.

Sure thing
I circles the pin that I think is having the issue
I believe that everything else is sitting correctly but without the camera fully sitting in the slot i cannot turn it to the lock position

I took a video that better shows it, I have a link to the video here; New video by Jake Conshick

Attachments

• Camera Markup.jpg
    Camera Markup.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 22
  • Droner Mark Up.jpg
    Droner Mark Up.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20210815_013903894.jpg
    PXL_20210815_013903894.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210815_013906788.jpg
    PXL_20210815_013906788.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210815_013917892.jpg
    PXL_20210815_013917892.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210815_013937550.jpg
    PXL_20210815_013937550.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210815_013956838.jpg
    PXL_20210815_013956838.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210815_014009423.jpg
    PXL_20210815_014009423.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Sure thing
I circles the pin that I think is having the issue
I believe that everything else is sitting correctly but without the camera fully sitting in the slot i cannot turn it to the lock position

I took a video that better shows it, I have a link to the video here; New video by Jake Conshick
Hard to really understand when I've never actually seen one. But I do notice the white mark on the dampening plate is in alignment with the row of contact pins of the dampening plate. In your video, the white mark of the rotating collar is initially lined up more with the corner of the row of contact pins on the camera. I can't tell from the video if you lined the mark on the camera's locking collar with the camera's contact pins before you inserted the camera into the dampening plate. Please clarify if you have the white mark of the rotating collar lined up with the contact pins of the camera before inserting the collar into the damper plate.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I agree with the assessment of @WTFDproject on having the white line on the locking ring aligned with the short side of the electrical connector before inserting into the damper plate. In your video it appears the red/orange line is aligned with the connector which would be the locked position.

Hard to really understand when I've never actually seen one. But I do notice the white mark on the dampening plate is in alignment with the row of contact pins of the dampening plate. In your video, the white mark of the rotating collar is initially lined up more with the corner of the row of contact pins on the camera. I can't tell from the video if you lined the mark on the camera's locking collar with the camera's contact pins before you inserted the camera into the dampening plate. Please clarify if you have the white mark of the rotating collar lined up with the contact pins of the camera before inserting the collar into the damper plate.
I align the white mark on the camera to the white mark on the drone. There is no other marks on the drone so I wouldn't know how to align it up with the contact pins. From the user videos from Yuneec they just seem to line up the white lines and then slide to lock.

The other thing is the that the circuit board in the camera wantes to move when its twisted to the locked postion. However the circuit board in the drone doesnt move at all. There would be no way to twist one and not the other.

I created another video showing this issue as well New video by Jake Conshick

Last edited:
I notice the instructions written in the Yuneec manual do not make sense. While remembering I have never seen an X series connector, take a look at the attached set of edited instructions and see if they match what you need to do.

Edited X gimbal assembly.jpg Internal Connector.jpg

I notice the instructions written in the Yuneec manual do not make sense. While remembering I have never seen an X series connector, take a look at the attached set of edited instructions and see if they match what you need to do.

View attachment 26282 View attachment 26283
That is essentially what I do . Line up the unlock, insert in and go to lock it.
However the internal connector is mounted to the open and lock position making it want to move when you twist it. The drones connector cannot move.

Theres no way to lock it if they both don't move or the place where the lock unlock move independently. if you look at my second video you can see that the comera moves as an entire unit when you go to twist it while the dron stay true north if you will.

It looks like someone familiar with the X series will need to step in and help. I don't know enough to continue trying to guess what is supposed to happen.

I created another video showing this issue as well New video by Jake Conshick
I know I really need to shut up, but I can't help it. In this second video, you did not try to restrain the camera side internal connector when you moved what I am assuming is a semi-independent lock ring. Is the lock ring frozen to the internal connector plate? Someone else will need to clarify if that is the way it is supposed to be (or not). I'm still guessing at stuff I haven't even seen other than in your images.

It looks like someone familiar with the X series will need to step in and help. I don't know enough to continue trying to guess what is supposed to happen.
I appreciate the assistance that you could give. This is a real stumper i know.

@jpac000

Try holding the connector and then moving the lock ring to attempt aligning the white line with the short side of the connector. It should then allow the connectors to mesh when inserted in the damper plate. Once they mesh you should be able to lock the camera in position.

The thermal camera. Have you contacted the seller you bought it from? Did you buy the cam and drone together?

I have the 520E and 2 cams (no thermal) that connect without problem although I usually turn the drone upside down to insert cams.

Good luck!

Last edited:
The thermal camera. Have you contacted the seller you bought it from? Did you buy the cam and drone together?

I have the 520E and 2 cams (no thermal) that connect without problem although I usually turn the drone upside down to insert cams.

Good luck!
@Rayray

Watch his second video. It looks like the connector on the camera is rotating with the locking ring and is not lined up with the unlock line on the ring. If he holds the connector, would he be able to align the locking ring properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: WTFDproject
Hi I do not have the thermal imaging camera but the E90x (should work the same),

But I made you a video how it should work signal-2021-08-18-163622 .
I always have to be a little rough, shake and press in, then I can turn it but there is a strong resistance / friction.

I hope it helps, on your pictures it looks like it should work, maybe you are too cautious.

Hi I do not have the thermal imaging camera but the E90x (should work the same),

But I made you a video how it should work signal-2021-08-18-163622 .
I always have to be a little rough, shake and press in, then I can turn it but there is a strong resistance / friction.

I hope it helps, on your pictures it looks like it should work, maybe you are too cautious.
Thanks for the video @Hypano ! That confirmed for me that part of his issue is the locking ring is not lined up properly on his to mesh with the aircraft.

Nhis second video shows the connector rotating with the locking ring, but I think he needs to hold onto the connector to get the lock ring properly aligned. Can you confirm my suspicions?

If you directly compare my hardware with his, everything about the hardware should fit.
1629311600122.png1629311620560.png1629311633200.png1629311646313.png1629311657916.png
I think it is perhaps the problem that he is too careful to address it directly. But I don't want to imply anything here.

The connection should also rotate, that is also the case with me.
I have tried to highlight in this video, which is my guess in this or a similar way.
("press in and turn around at the grooved", theoretically you do not have to touch anything other than the camera).

Hope this Helps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop