Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera flexibility

CraigCam

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Greetings. I see a lot of concern here about Yuneec and their modular strategy. It's clear the CGO line of cameras has been progressing nicely and they thought this through as demonstrated by a recent discovery. I now have a 3rd H but no camera for it. After my ill fated flight, I decided to purchase a whole unit and swap out my shell only as I like my color scheme. So my original H after a year is essentially brand new again. My second H is a rogue H as I bought it used and even though I have it registered, it's not officially under warranty as I have no sales receipt. This third unit is the original frame and guts and motors from the crash that destroyed my first camera. I've got it repaired and flying for under $100.00 and I'm ready to put it back into service but want a camera for obvious reasons.

Last night, I pulled the CGO3 from my Q500 and on a whim mounted it to this repaired TH. It works great!!! It bound to the ST no problem and holds smoother than on the 500. The tilt is touchy as it's all wrong but with care does work though it's more point and shoot then adjust while filming. So it has some limitations but is perfect for training someone as the camera is more simple to deal with and less knobs and switches to fiddle with. You have to use the app on a pad or phone if you want to lock the white balance or change ISO and shutter speed etc... and you need to then shut off the app or the ST feed can freeze a bit. So while not perfect, it does work and will teach a rookie pilot things like looking out for over acceleration that puts motor pods or props in shot. And the CGO3 has a distinctive look that I sometimes like better then the pro especially for lower light. So if you got a CGO3 camera around its a viable backup to the pro and with a bit of learning works well on the TH.

So my conclusion is the CGO line is cross compatible which means the ET and zoom should work fine on the TH and Yuneec is insuring your camera investment is not going to loose its wings.

How did you mount the CGO-3? I have one on a Chroma that I keep as a back up since it shoots pretty much the same video quality as the H.

I slid it right onto the H shoe. It lines up with the back row and the gimbal fires up. The tilt works but you have 50% less travel and it's touchy. Easy to set up with St too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430