Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Gimbal. Please help

Reaction score
I have three TH's. Two of them are fine, but this third one is giving me fits.
Basically, when I try to calibrate the camera gimbal, after I click "OK", the camera gimbal will tilt and then it stalls, refusing to complete the entire calibration sequence.
Something is wrong, and I suppose it is something simple, like a "software reboot"??
Does anyone have any tips for correcting this so that the gimbal will do a complete calibration sequence?
Much appreciation in advance.

That issue is usually caused by the gimbal not receiving the values from its sensors it expects. The issue cannot be fixed by you but you can send it in. Usually they will fix it for you.

If the camera is correctly installed and not been subjected to a crash this would be a warranty issue. If it had been crashed and repaired at home, with the repair involving replacement of the slip ring, failure to calibrate is a common problem as the camera needs to be calibrated by a facility possessing a special Yuneec calibration program that is not available to the public.

Does the camera work correctly and maintain a level position? If so I would ignore the calibration issue.
Yes, it does maintain a level attitude.
Thanks to all for your responses. I was hoping I didn't have to send it in. But I am the second owner, so its out of warranty I suppose. But, does anyone know how much Yuneec might charge to fix it? If it's not much, I will send it in. But since you said to ignore it, maybe I won't sweat it.
Advice?

If it is out of warranty, I would be more inclined to get a quote from Carolina Drones, Terrestrial Imaging, or Vertigo Drones and see what they have to say.

EDIT: I received some information this evening that has changed my recommendation of Vertigo Drones as a repair facility. Due to employment policies at that business, I cannot recommend them in good conscience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Russell Smith
My gimbal rotates slowly and will not stop while it is in the air,what could be my problem.

My gimbal rotates slowly and will not stop while it is in the air,what could be my problem.

At one point I had that with my H... if I remember, to resolve it I had to create a new model, rebind both AC and camera... and finally perform all calibrations. Remember to manually reboot the H after the gimbal calibration, to complete the process.

Reactions: Jimmie
Check gimbal switch and dial positions first. The fix may be as simple as flipping one switch to the top and/or centering the pan knob.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop