Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera is looping

Reaction score
I had my H2 for a some time now. So when i put the cam in movie it only records at 5 min intervals. there is alot to learn with this system and can be overwhelming. Am i missing a setting some where. Thanks.

No, that is normal and is just a limitation of the file system (so no setting for it), but it's actually quite helpful, because it means that if you get an SD card error at any point you only risk losing the last 5 minutes, not everything before it as well. Simply get any video editor and butt-join (that sounds awful) the sections in the timeline, and it will play back seamlessly.

I use this free Microsoft program to join the CGO3 segments and trim the hat cam files.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
And all your footage can be edited, so the 5 minute restriction isn't a problem, and in the end you have a worthwhile video of the highlights of your work.

The camera is not looping, it’s creating sequential video files that are size limited by the card format. Simply link them together sequentially in post processing.

So the camera is not doing anything wrong, it’s working precisely as it is supposed to but you didn’t understand how the system works.

The camera is not looping, it’s creating sequential video files that are size limited by the card format. Simply link them together sequentially in post processing.

So the camera is not doing anything wrong, it’s working precisely as it is supposed to but you didn’t understand how the system works.
I believe sometimes there's a lost in translation, I think the wording isn't correct, bit like calling "joysticks Gimbals", it certainly could of been worded differently.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
The fact remains the camera is recording as it was designed to do[emoji6] It creates sequential folders with a maximum length of 5 minutes, with the length established by FAT32 formatting, which establishes the maximum amount of data placed in a file before starting a new file.

Older DOS based telemetry reporting was done the same way but the process of linking the files was a serious PITA as they had to be concatenated. Video files are soooo much easier. Drop them in a video processing program and tap a “make movie” command.

It's the same with any camera... Generally depends on your sd card, if youre using the card that came with the camera its going to restrict you, by speed and size... Reccomend spending over £50 for a decent card to record 4k video

It's the same with any camera... Generally depends on your sd card, if youre using the card that came with the camera its going to restrict you, by speed and size... Reccomend spending over £50 for a decent card to record 4k video
Has little to do with the Typhoon, no matter what speed of card, as long as designed for 4K, U3 Class 10 etc, will make no difference to the 5 minute maximum size, I've yet to but DSLR with a supplied card, so cannot comment on that, I just buy the SanDisk Extreme Pro for SD and CF, Lexar or Sony for the XQD Cards. Not supplying a card is another way to make more money out of you, lots of profit in accessories.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss