Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera no longer tilts down below 45°

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've had no issue pointing the camera all the way down until updating the firmware and recalibrating the gimbal.
Now I'm stuck at 45° down.

Not sure if the update caused an issue in itself, or if it's due to the calibration process (it was my first attempt as everything was fine out of the box, so I have no point of comparison)

At any rate, something seems to have gone wrong during the first calibration as the gimbal stopped partway through and began vibrating noisily - as though something blocked the gimbal while the motors kept pushing forward. After a few seconds of wondering what the... was going on, I switched off the drone. Upon reboot, panning worked fine and so did tilting, in the +15° / -45° range, so I don't think any damage occurred.

I did several gimbal (and accelerometer) calibrations since then. Now, the gimbal stops at the point where it vibrated, and resumes moving after being barely touched. And then stalls a couple more times after that.

No idea what to try next aside from contacting Yuneec. Has anyone encountered anything similar?

The tilt lever needs to be in the middle position when calibrating the gimbal. Try another calibration assuring it's set there and see what happens. Before doing that assure there's nothing wedged between the camera and gimbal.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the lever was in the correct position. The camera also rotates freely when not powered. I have a feeling it's a software issue.. I'll update the thread if/when Yuneec gets back to me.

Pat, where would you look for something wedged? My camera no longer does the "startup" dance and takes a long time to connect. I looked everywhere I could get to for something stuck between, but couldn't find anything. Occasionally I loose video when I raise the landing gear and have to wait for it to reconnect. Other than that, operation is normal.
Thanks in advance and apologies for jacking this thread.

could there be a loose connection, dirt between the camera mount and typhoon?

I removed the gimble and inspected it pretty closely, so I think no for dirt, but a loose connection could be a possibility. I hate to disassemble the gimble or camera to check though. Was hoping there might be another possibility before I resorted to that.

Do not disassemble the camera or gimbal. If something has become wedged it will be between the camera ball and the side pivots in the small separation between them. Yours sounds more like a poor contact or soft/firmware recognition thing. Try binding the camera to the system again. Your description of the landing gear relationship sounds like you may be in Europe. If that is so I don't know what to say as the EU has had issues with WiFI loss with the use of the retracts for a long time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots