Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera not clear

Reaction score
Have a H with the CGO3 + camera and just of late I've noticed the in the center of a photo or video it's not as focus has it is on the left and right of the frame. I thought at first I just had some dirt or something on the lens, but after cleaning and checking this under a mag. glass couldn't find anything. It's very little out of focus, but enough that I notice it. Anybody else or is it just me?

Camera hasn't been knocked? Which may of caused the lens to be misaligned? Might be worth trying another filter first, an inexpensive way to be sure before further more extensive investigation.

Espacially the older CGO3 and CGO3+ sometimes have quiet severe focus problems. I had this with one of my cameras as welle so I swapped out the lens with one made by Peau Productions. The improvement is amazing. Not only the focus is way better the colours are as well. Changing the lenses is not too difficult but you still have to be very careful and mind some important factors.

From the time when I still owned an H, I can also recommend the PixAero 3.29mm., as a replacement for the OEM lens.

I must of read wrong I thought "just from late"happened after a while of use, not from the beginning. Then that could well be a bad lens.

The center of the lens is a “high spot” with their design. Repeated cleaning of the lens using the wrong type of cleaning cloth, or performing “dry” cleanings, is very hard on lenses and manifests at the center. The effects are as you describe and not reversible.

Reactions: Tom Chastain
The center of the lens is a “high spot” with their design. Repeated cleaning of the lens using the wrong type of cleaning cloth, or performing “dry” cleanings, is very hard on lenses and manifests at the center. The effects are as you describe and not reversible.
Your most likely right PatR, I have been cleaning a lot lately, flying in dusty areas.

Many remove the stock filter to obtain the lighting needed to create the best photo[emoji6]

I think that's down to individual taste, bit different to an DSLR where your pretty much static, and easy to clean lens without a filter, flying around is different the amount of blood and insect bits on mine is enough to make me keep the Uv or ND on, post processing helps, enough to justify keeping protection on.

This is not your issue, but relevant enough to admit my shame. And remember, i’m A Professional Photographer. I do my own stunts.

When I first got my H Pro, I was really excited to get some high resolution images. The first few test images I took, with the aircraft powered on, sitting in my coffee table, panning around....were not very good quality. In fact, pretty bad. I thought, okay, maybe it’s just how it looks on the ST16. Transferred some images into Lightroom, and all were awful. Semi clear in the center, but very hazy and blurry around the edges. Okay, i’ll give it a good cleaning and try again. Well, it didn’t need to be cleaned. If you remove the protective plastic film, it takes really nice images.

?‍?

This is not your issue, but relevant enough to admit my shame. And remember, i’m A Professional Photographer. I do my own stunts.

When I first got my H Pro, I was really excited to get some high resolution images. The first few test images I took, with the aircraft powered on, sitting in my coffee table, panning around....were not very good quality. In fact, pretty bad. I thought, okay, maybe it’s just how it looks on the ST16. Transferred some images into Lightroom, and all were awful. Semi clear in the center, but very hazy and blurry around the edges. Okay, i’ll give it a good cleaning and try again. Well, it didn’t need to be cleaned. If you remove the protective plastic film, it takes really nice images.

?‍?
I knew it's was on there, but it was very hard to get off!

Reactions: Fred Garvin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval