Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Protection

Reaction score
Are there any products to protect or raise the camera on the typhoon hfurther off the ground? ( Not talking about lens covers !)

Last edited:
I think someone made some longer legs, forgot where I saw that. Be careful tho, center of gravity will suffer.
Protecting the cam is important, cause they hang down there just waiting to be kicked...
An air bag invention might work. :)

Two excellent "protective "devices I can think we already have. Flight planning, where we establish good places from which to take off and land prior to becoming airborne, and learning how to land to prevent violent arrivals that would damage a camera. Both seem to have worked well after a year and a quarter flying the H.

Reactions: AH-1G
Thanks, what about thicker foam skids?

I know at least one member has done that, I believe with a short piece of a pool noodle.
Of course you need to do some testing to see what kind of additional clearance can
be gained versus at what size do they show up in the video frame even when raised.
Also aerodynamic drag will increase, shortening flight times and possibly altering flight
characteristics. Proceed with caution.

Protecting the cam is important, cause they hang down there just waiting to be kicked...

I'd pay good money to see a CGO3 jock strap... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Like Pat said, plan, and be careful close to the ground.
Trust me I know took 2 days to get all the hay out of my gimbal from flying too low too fast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal