Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera rail replacement

Reaction score
I managed to snap off both camera rails after my H fell from about 3 feet. There doesn't appear to be any other damage. I flew the H after the crash without the camera and everything seemed normal. I located a kit online for $10 and $7 shipping. I'm not sure if the shipping is a flat rate that may apply to additional items which could be included without additional charge. Any suggestions for other items which I might order or any other suggestions regarding the replacement?

Get 2 replacements... one to repair now, one to have on hand the next time so you don't have to wait on shipping. Would also add in 2 landing struts for $10 each... also a common part to go (but easily replaced), if you have already lowered them when those minor crashes occur.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Get 2 replacements... one to repair now, one to have on hand the next time so you don't have to wait on shipping. Would also add in 2 landing struts for $10 each... also a common part to go (but easily replaced), if you have already lowered them when those minor crashes occur.
Wow you get things cheap. Landing strut here for two over 100 dollars with postage equivalent.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190301-111510.png
    Screenshot_20190301-111510.png
    209.4 KB · Views: 22
So @Eagle's Eye Video wants you to purchase two of them????
He's anticipating you crashing your drone again?;)
Make sure you make a brief notation in your log book about the incident.:)

Last edited:
Wow you get things cheap. Landing strut here for two over 100 dollars with postage equivalent.
i had a crash that tore off my camera and broke my landing gear actuator. i found what is called trauma kit that comes with a camera rail landing gear landing actuator, arm clips and spare props for about $164 i would try to google search the kit could save you money

Reactions: william lewis
I managed to snap off both camera rails after my H fell from about 3 feet. There doesn't appear to be any other damage. I flew the H after the crash without the camera and everything seemed normal. I located a kit online for $10 and $7 shipping. I'm not sure if the shipping is a flat rate that may apply to additional items which could be included without additional charge. Any suggestions for other items which I might order or any other suggestions regarding the replacement?
Per Eagle's suggestion I ordered 2 of the mount sets and made a promise to myself to stop flying stupid.

Per Eagle's suggestion I ordered 2 of the mount sets and made a promise to myself to stop flying stupid.
Back in business; at least everything bench tested okay. Very fast service from Vertigo drones. I used the dental floss method of installing the dampers I gave them about three wraps and as I tried to pull them through the holes I kept thinking that the floss came off but each time the damper was properly installed.
The crash occurred as the drone was approximately 3 feet away from a cousin who was standing at the corner of my car. Another cousin wanted a picture. The drone was just above waist high of my cousin when the drone suddenly attacked. Fortunately my cousin was wearing a heavy jacket so there were no injuries to him. It occurs to me that this sudden lurching was very similar to what happened several weeks ago when attempting to land close to my car. I'm wondering if either the compass or gps signals were affected by the car. In any event I'm going to avoid flying close to my car.

Would of thought metal would only affect compass not GPS.

Back in business; at least everything bench tested okay. Very fast service from Vertigo drones. I used the dental floss method of installing the dampers I gave them about three wraps and as I tried to pull them through the holes I kept thinking that the floss came off but each time the damper was properly installed.
The crash occurred as the drone was approximately 3 feet away from a cousin who was standing at the corner of my car. Another cousin wanted a picture. The drone was just above waist high of my cousin when the drone suddenly attacked. Fortunately my cousin was wearing a heavy jacket so there were no injuries to him. It occurs to me that this sudden lurching was very similar to what happened several weeks ago when attempting to land close to my car. I'm wondering if either the compass or gps signals were affected by the car. In any event I'm going to avoid flying close to my car.
Good to here your in business again.?
Car was most likely the issue.
I try to stay away from any metal objects when taking off or landing.
I sometimes get compass warning, In fact it will start flashing amber color. I have to shut down the H and restart.

@jandjfrench
Keep in mind that your drone uses radio frequencies. Metal will reflect radio waves and can wreak havoc on the radios not to mention potentially freaking out the compass.

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech