Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera range of motion limited, won't point high enough to view horizon.

Reaction score
Is this normal? When hovering the camera won't pan high enough to view the horizon. However, the camera does pan so low it can almost look backwards.

Here's a pic of the control screen, you can even see that the graphics for the cameras range of motion shows it limited on the up-side, but tons of room to pan down.

Is there any way to fix this?

I had the same issue and this ( long story) might help you a bit.
1st flight, I crashed the drone and broke the servo( actual plastic gear connected to servo) that controls the camera.
Purchased new servo and gears and reinstalled all. ( PaIN IN THE NECK)
Noticed that I could command the camera to to go all the way down BUT it would never level off horizontally.

Opened the drone camera, and eased 4-5 gear teeth ( meaning, opened the gear unit and forced it 4-5 teeth until camera was horizontal (0,0). Put to back together. worked.

This issue could also happen when you get "absolutely" lucky and crash the drone without breaking the gears in the camera module. BUT it does add 4-5 revolutions on the gear that is after the servo ( loose) without breaking it. Basically, you lose the positional calibration of the camera when it crashed ... count your blessings ... (absolute design flaw)

Now, I am just providing my honest experience fixing the drone. Be careful opening to up, I am not responsible. :)

I had the same issue and this ( long story) might help you a bit.
1st flight, I crashed the drone and broke the servo( actual plastic gear connected to servo) that controls the camera.
Purchased new servo and gears and reinstalled all. ( PaIN IN THE NECK)
Noticed that I could command the camera to to go all the way down BUT it would never level off horizontally.

Opened the drone camera, and eased 4-5 gear teeth ( meaning, opened the gear unit and forced it 4-5 teeth until camera was horizontal (0,0). Put to back together. worked.

This issue could also happen when you get "absolutely" lucky and crash the drone without breaking the gears in the camera module. BUT it does add 4-5 revolutions on the gear that is after the servo ( loose) without breaking it. Basically, you lose the positional calibration of the camera when it crashed ... count your blessings ... (absolute design flaw)

Now, I am just providing my honest experience fixing the drone. Be careful opening to up, I am not responsible. :)

thank you! any chance you know of a tutorial for opening up that part of the drone?

This should get you started.

That is the gear I was talking about, just detach, calibrate the camera and put it back so it is connected to the motor.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Is this normal? When hovering the camera won't pan high enough to view the horizon. However, the camera does pan so low it can almost look backwards.

Here's a pic of the control screen, you can even see that the graphics for the cameras range of motion shows it limited on the up-side, but tons of room to pan down.

Is there any way to fix this?
Did you have a crash before this was happening?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop