Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera speed

Reaction score
I have a new TH and software. My laptop is too slow to keep up with video. How do I move to a different camera speed?

I have a new TH and software. My laptop is too slow to keep up with video. How do I move to a different camera speed?
Not sure what you are asking here. Do you mean the resolution? If you are shooting in 4K then you need a good computer to work with 4K...a computer with plenty of guts. You should, however, be able to see footage at a resolution of 1080f unless your laptop is a fairly old one. Just go into camera settings and chose 1080f

The frame rate shouldn't have much effect on a computer but resolution most certainly will.

Depending on where the bottleneck is in your computer, the 4k video could just be too much data throughput for the computer to keep up with. If that's the case, a smaller resolution and slower framerate should help. Or if you have software to compress the video (such as handbrake) you should be able to let your computer turn the videos into much smaller more manageable files (it will take a while to run though). I've found the 4k videos look better than 1080, even though I'm looking at them on a 1080 display. Letting something other than the camera downsample provides better results in my experience.

I’m going to be a bit cynical here for a moment.

When I read questions that essentially ask “how can I get my 10 year old computer to play 4k video or provide a high resolution image?” My first thought is—you can’t. You can mess around with down sampling, special programs to render video in lower resolution, and fuss with things forever and never get what you want.

Modern equipment can function with older equipment but to obtain the best performance modern equipment needs to be run other modern equipment and software. Face the fact that when you elected to shoot in 4k everything used to play it has to be compatible as well. If it isn’t you need to obtain new, more capable equipment. There’s no cheap way around it.

Last edited:

Tap the “lines with dots” under the camera shutter button.
Select a lower resolution.
Make a video and see if your old laptop will play it.
If not, repeat and select an even lower resolution, until you find one that works.

OR

Buy a new laptop capable of playing the desired resolution. (What @PatR said above)

Reactions: FlushVision

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix