Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera stays turned & not straight after I reattached it

Reaction score
Hi there, my drone had recently crashed in which no wires were cut of any sort, I just need a new leg and mounting bracket for the camera. I now start up the drone but the camera is turned about 20 degrees from where it should normally be. It also does not tilt at all. Should I reset it to factory settings? Any help would be great, thanks!

Last edited:
Have you double checked the six camera contacts on the H? Some may look ok at a quick glance but actually just bit off.

I had two that were “stuck” in an almost retracted state. They popped back into position quite easily.

Symptom: camera would connect but would not move.

Jeff

Have you double checked the six camera contacts on the H? Some may look ok at a quick glance but actually just bit off.

I had two that were “stuck” in an almost retracted state. They popped back into position quite easily.

Symptom: camera would connect but would not move.

Jeff

I double checked where they connect and it still doesn't want to pan or tilt, yet the gimbal part still works. All connectors are in good shape.

I double checked where they connect and it still doesn't want to pan or tilt, yet the gimbal part still works. All connectors are in good shape.

If you have no tilt, check the wires connecting the tilt sensor on the right side. Pop the gimbal arm frame covers off and check. There solder is less then good on many connections and the impact could have broken a wire. I found that yesterday on a camera I’ve been attempting to revive that Yuneec supposedly fixed. Half the mounting screws were missing and the slip ring was 180 off. After now tearing apart cameras multiple times, I’m getting better at understand its design and tight tolerances of wires and connectors. They can be frustrating.

If you have no tilt, check the wires connecting the tilt sensor on the right side. Pop the gimbal arm frame covers off and check. There solder is less then good on many connections and the impact could have broken a wire. I found that yesterday on a camera I’ve been attempting to revive that Yuneec supposedly fixed. Half the mounting screws were missing and the slip ring was 180 off. After now tearing apart cameras multiple times, I’m getting better at understand its design and tight tolerances of wires and connectors. They can be frustrating.

Yeh I checked those as well, could it have anything to do with updating or just not having any firmware or anything?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430