Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera tilt down issues

Reaction score
Ok, my camera all of the sudden decided to be the tilt down mode when I turn it on. i noticed in advance mode K2 it will not pan up even though I have reset and also calibrated gimbal. Also I have reset all my controls. Same issue. I went on the form to see any past issues as I have, did not have one like mine. Also I did take gimbal completely off and reinstalled. Any thoughts?:confused: thanks

Try removing the gimbal again, clean the contacts points with a rubber pencil erasure (the pink ones) and reinstall the gimbal again, assuring it us correctly installed.

When you calibrated the gimbal you did start the process with the gimbal slider and pan knob in a centered position with all the switches at the top positions?

Does K2 work properly in Hardware Monitor?

No the K2 when sliding in the down mode (center to right when looking at calibration it is smooth, and when sliding center to left up mode it jumps dramatically). I even calibrated that. Maybe I need to reinstall the update again? So for now I reversed the direction of the slider, since I really don look straight down that much. I will try the above post. thanks

No the K2 when sliding in the down mode (center to right when looking at calibration it is smooth, and when sliding center to left up mode it jumps dramatically). I even calibrated that. Maybe I need to reinstall the update again? So for now I reversed the direction of the slider, since I really don look straight down that much. I will try the above post. thanks
Ok. Calibration won't help this. The potentiometer has oxidation on the contacts inside. If you are comfortable with opening up the ST16 this is an easy fix. It just needs sprayed with electrical contact cleaner while working the slider.
I'm referring to K2

Ok. Calibration won't help this. The potentiometer has oxidation on the contacts inside. If you are comfortable with opening up the ST16 this is an easy fix. It just needs sprayed with electrical contact cleaner while working the slider.
I'm referring to K2
I'll try that also, in the reverse position I can only go 45 degree down, if i push the slider harder it will move the next 45 percent but I can't control when it needs to stop. Once it hits its 90 degree position it will stop. Jeeezzzzz

I'll try that also, in the reverse position I can only go 45 degree down, if i push the slider harder it will move the next 45 percent but I can't control when it needs to stop. Once it hits its 90 degree position it will stop. Jeeezzzzz
If you ever had an old radio with a scratchy volume control, it's exactly the same. The same thing can occur with the sticks. Just pick up some safe-for-plastic electrical contact cleaner at an automotive store. Keep moving the dial while spraying to get it clean again. After it dries check it Hardware Monitor again. This fixes 99% of the stick and slider problems.

When you calibrated the gimbal you did start the process with the gimbal slider and pan knob in a centered position with all the switches at the top positions?

I had this same issue and recal with it in center did the trick.

I had this same issue and recal with it in center did the trick.
That will work if it's a calibration issue. In this case the slider on the ST16 is the problem which he confirmed in Hardware Monitor. It's hardware not software that needs attention.

That will work if it's a calibration issue. In this case the slider on the ST16 is the problem which he confirmed in Hardware Monitor. It's hardware not software that needs attention.
Ok, I just had the exact same issue, hardware monitor reported that jump on mine as well. Mine also would move all the way forward with pressure on the wheel in the up direction. It took me a few attempts at recal and it finally started working correctly. The way the OP has described this, it is exactly what I would have said.

Ok, I just had the exact same issue, hardware monitor reported that jump on mine as well. Mine also would move all the way forward with pressure on the wheel in the up direction. It took me a few attempts at recal and it finally started working correctly. The way the OP has described this, it is exactly what I would have said.
Ok, I understand. However, I suspect during the cal process you moved the slider enough times to actually get it working. The Hardware Monitor shows the actual output from the switches and pots to determine their functional condition.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio