Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

camera tilts

Reaction score
Ok, here we go. I put the props on, then i set the Q500 on a lvl surface away from metal, I turn my st10 on wait for it to beep at me, I then reach under the Q500 and turn it on making sure I do not lift it. WIFI and camera connect I use the pan up and down and it works great. I lift off and do about a 5 or so min flight. Durning the flight i will notice the horizon goes from level to a slight to a hard tilt. I have provided two pictures from the video I shot. Same video with in the same five minuets. Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• horizon.png
    horizon.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • horizon 2.png
    horizon 2.png
    3 MB · Views: 9
The camera has it's own IMU for leveling and does not use anything from the Q500 other than power and tilt.
Generally, landing and rebooting everything will fix the problem.
If you have to reboot several times and still have the problem I have seen suggestions to hold the camera level while booting.
If you still have the problem, hold the camera level while it's turned on and press the reset button with a toothpick on the rear of the camera next to the sd card slot. There is an arrow by the button.
If all fail, then you have to return the camera to have the IMU replaced.

Great tip,

I had the same issue. I had only one shot at filming the start of a running contest and while hovering, waiting for the start signal, the camera tilted like Only1nexus' camera. :-(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss