Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Type is not a Match

Reaction score
I have a Typhoon H. The other day I took it out to fly and the camera won’t connect with the controller. I’ve taken the gimbal off and made sure all connections were good. The camera is getting power and once I have it all turned on, I can pan and tilt...but I keep getting a Camera Connection Status message that says “Camera type is not a match! Please select right camera type!” When I hit ok it takes me into the camera select tab. When I select C-GO3-pro (or any other camera for that matter) it says connection failed. Camera not connected! If I go back to home screen, I get the Camera Connection status message again and my only option is to go into the system settings menu again. I can’t get out of the error message to go into model select or anything. Help! Everything seems to be working fine...I can control the camera and drone with the controller but am getting no video.

@Kristin13 select Cgo3+.
Did you re-bind the camera?
Watch this video, make sure you did all these steps correctly.
about 1:50 into video, he explains about binding typhoon and camera

Unable to connect to aircraft
I’ve watched this video and just tried again. I’m able to bind the aircraft but I’m still having the same issue with the camera. In the home screen it’s saying “Camera type is not a match! Please select right camera type!” No cameras are showing up on the bind tab and when I try to select one in the camera select tab, it says “connection failed. Camera not connected!”

So you're saying, there isn't any cameras to select?
did you tap ok?

Create a new name for the H, then use that to re-bind.

Did you notice that your ST Controller battery is low?
You need at least 50% battery power, better to have 100%.

There are four cameras listed. C-GO3, C-GO3-pro, C-GOET and C-GO4. None of them will connect. My actual camera says C-GO3+. I’ve created a copy of H before to rebind....but I can’t even get to the Model Select menu. When I’m on the home screen, I get the camera connection status message...I can’t hit back or anything to get out of it. I can only hit ok and that brings me into system settings.

Go to systems setting, tap ok, You sill see Aircraft /Model and Camera
you have the options to refresh, reset or bind.

Go to Model Select, on main screen.
tap ok,
Tap New Model,
name it Kristin, or what ever you want.
bind everything here it should work then.

If that doesn't work others will chime in and help.
Good luck.

Oh, I'm sure you have the H on when your binding the camera?

Gotta go with the wife shopping , blahhhhhh. see you later.

7.jpg

Last edited:
Go to Model Select, on main screen.
tap ok,
Tap New Model,
name it Kristin, or what ever you want.
bind everything here it should work then.
I can’t get to model select because I have the error message that there’s no camera connected. I can’t back out of that error...all I can do is hit ok which takes me into the system settings. And yes the H was on.

Go to systems setting, tap ok, You sill see Aircraft /Model and Camera
you have the options to refresh, reset or bind.
I can bind the Aircraft fine...and I can fly and control the camera...I just can’t see video on the screen...it’s just the home screen.

Geeezz, I'm stumped.
What software version are you using, did you update?

That’s what I’ve been selecting and it won’t connect.
You need to do a factory reset of the ST16.
Go to Pad, Settings, Backup & reset.
Select Reset.
Select Factory Data Reset; Reset Tablet; Erase Everything.
At that point the ST16 will reboot. When it powers back up go to System settings. You will need to create a new H model, name and save it. Then bind to the new model. At that point turn on the H, tip it forward a few times until you see the flashing orange light. Then you should see the H and the camera listed in the bind columns.

I can’t get to model select because I have the error message that there’s no camera connected. I can’t back out of that error...all I can do is hit ok which takes me into the system settings. And yes the H was on.
So if it shows a cgo4 you are using an st16 that came with a tornado 920+

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis