Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Unit Bolts Missing?

Reaction score
I just noticed my H is missing plastic bolts that appear as best I can tell, to attach the camera unit to the drone.

I’ve only flown it about 10 flights.. and then it’s been very gently handled but these seem to have dropped out... And the other remaining two are floppy loose!

What do I do?

Attachments

• IMAG0899.jpg
    IMAG0899.jpg
    768.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMAG0900.jpg
    IMAG0900.jpg
    826.3 KB · Views: 30
I just noticed my H is missing plastic bolts that appear as best I can tell, to attach the camera unit to the drone.

I’ve only flown it about 10 flights.. and then it’s been very gently handled but these seem to have dropped out... And the other remaining two are floppy loose!

What do I do?
There are only two. They are safeties to help hold corners in place when reattaching dampners. Believe it or not those dampners are everything to gimbal stabilization and they are supposed to be a bit "sloppy" but should be fully attached top and bottom. The weakest part in a crash is that whole camera mount and hitting the ground with landing gear up at any speed will knock the camera right off the mount often at those dampners, I've stated here before that a 3rd party carbon fiber or aluminum camera mount between TH and gimbal would be very awesome. I'd gladly pay for that.

Reactions: deMARCOman
There are only two. They are safeties to help hold corners in place when reattaching dampners. Believe it or not those dampners are everything to gimbal stabilization and they are supposed to be a bit "sloppy" but should be fully attached top and bottom. The weakest part in a crash is that whole camera mount and hitting the ground with landing gear up at any speed will knock the camera right off the mount often at those dampners, I've stated here before that a 3rd party carbon fiber or aluminum camera mount between TH and gimbal would be very awesome. I'd gladly pay for that.
thank you

I just want to add that those dampeners are not sloppy they are vibration reducing and work very well those plastic anchors are there for safety only.

Reactions: abinder
I just want to add that those dampeners are not sloppy they are vibration reducing and work very well those plastic anchors are there for safety only.
Agreed hence the quotes on sloppy. It's amazing how theirs do the job as your initial reaction as a newb to that gimbal mount is one of a WT... but I've seen my H jumping like a bucking bronco and none of that is translated to the video 98% of the time. If got vids where you can see my shadow just moving all over the place and no camera deviation. Those were some of my first flights where I realized that this is probably the most stable video rig out there and yes my DJI friends have acknowledged as much. Most people when they see my hover shots think the Video has stopped if there is little motion in the frame from the shot. I try to always record my rotor wash as I like hearing motor changes when conditions change and I know my clip actually has stoped.

You can design to fly or design to survive a crash, not both. The gimbal assembly is designed to fly but still endure periodic hard landings without breaking. For those that feel a need for a stronger gimbal I'll suggest learning how to fly and land is a more cost effective alternative to a heavier aircraft. Carbon gimbals break when they get crashed too. They cost more to fix.

The gimbal on the H works perfectly but some operators have room for improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can design to fly or design to survive a crash. The gimbal assembly is designed to fly but still endure periodic hard landings without breaking. For those that feel a need for a stronger gimbal I'll suggest learning how to fly and land is a more cost effective alternative to a heavier aircraft. Carbon gimbals break when they get crashed too. They cost more to fix.

Yes but that gimbals wire routing is pretty tight and the strain relief internally can actually cut the wires as I've seen that now on more than one CGO3. It's the flimsy rails on the top part for sliding onto the shoe I feel should be more solid not the entire assembly. I know 360 rotation requires a trade off but as this forum has illustrated the camera wiring is a very weak part of the design.

The only way for the gimbal to become a problem is if the user fails to install it correctly or they crash. If neither occurs the wires are not a problem. So wires becoming separated is a user error problem, not a design issue. No maker can engineer out user issues.

There's a propensity for people to blame the product rather than accept responsibility for their own mistakes. If they crashed: why? If the aircraft acted stupid, what did the user do, or fail to do, that caused it? Get those accurately answered before delving deeper into design stuff. Sorry, but so many of the problem posts I read in this forum are blatant with omission. It's much easier to put the blame elsewhere that way.

The only way for the gimbal to become a problem is if the user fails to install it correctly or they crash. If neither occurs the wires are not a problem. So wires becoming separated is a user error problem, not a design issue. No maker can engineer out user issues.

There's a propensity for people to blame the product rather than accept responsibility for their own mistakes. If they crashed: why? If the aircraft acted stupid, what did the user do, or fail to do, that caused it? Get those accurately answered before delving deeper into design stuff. Sorry, but so many of the problem posts I read in this forum are blatant with omission. It's much easier to put the blame elsewhere that way.

I beg to differ. The plastic strain relief on top of the Gimbal does and has pinched wires without any flight. It should have some mesh around it like wires to the motors at the appropriate gauge. It really is a weak point to an otherwise well thought out design. I take full responsibility for my mistakes but I did not design a strain relief that has such tight tolerances that a clumsy assembly at manufacturing cut into the wires.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval