Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera won't Initialize or connect (post crash)

Reaction score
I was busy avoiding obstacles and wind gusts and forgot to lower the landing gear, ended up "landing" on the camera. Now the camera won't initialize and the console can't connect to it.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

Remove the gimbal, check the electrical contacts, make sure one did not get stuck down or popped out of place.

How do I "remove the gimbal"? I see there's some kind of gray tab underneath the gimbal platform, but it doesn't seem to do anything when pushed.
Not sure if it's damage but 2 of the rubber isolation cups (diagonally located) are only attached to the "floating" gimbal, the other 2 rubber cups are attache at both ends.

I took BobW55's advice; removed the gimbal, replaced, and Voila! it works per normal - thanks Bob.

BTW: Are all 4 rubber isolation cups supposed to be attached at both ends?

All four isolation cups should be attached to the gimbal cover top and bottom, but only two (diagonally opposites) will have the plastic pin in them. These are a safety measure to stop the camera coming off if the rubber isolation cups (dampeners) pop out of the gimbal cover.

I took BobW55's advice; removed the gimbal, replaced, and Voila! it works per normal - thanks Bob.

BTW: Are all 4 rubber isolation cups supposed to be attached at both ends?
Did you get the rubber dampers reinstalled?

The 2 pinned ones never came loose.
I think I succeeded in getting one of the dampers which detached at the fixed (non-floating) end reattached - but the other one refuses to reattach at the fixed end.
Is there some procedure/tool for attaching those things?

Thanks

I have found the easiest way is to use a small length of dental floss, wrap it around the top of the dampener a couple of times then thread the other end through the plate and gently work the dampener in by pulling the floss. You can also try a little drop of water as lubricant or a wet finger.

The 2 pinned ones never came loose.
I think I succeeded in getting one of the dampers which detached at the fixed (non-floating) end reattached - but the other one refuses to reattach at the fixed end.
Is there some procedure/tool for attaching those things?

Thanks
If you are working on the ones that have the black plastic pin through them you can just cut the pin and toss it. Replace it after the damper is re-installed with 2 wire ties. Put one wire tie trough the center of the damper and then slide the other one on it. Cut the tail off the second one and trim the first to length. Keep it loose. Too tight and it will restrict movement of the rubber.

The easiest way is to remove the top cover cap that prevents you from seeing the top of the vibration dampers. I'm guessing you are trying to re-install them with the cover still in place.

Thanks for all the replies and solutions.
I just stopped back in after a long and arduous campaign of putting those little suckers back in.
...must be some kind of psychic going on, I finally hit upon using dental floss.
Until I hit on the use of dental floss I was sure the camera platform isolation was in need of a big redesign, now I'm not so sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval