Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera

Reaction score
hi guys, my little drone fall down unfortunately, and now she shake her camera. Can i fix this problem easily or no ? Thanks

Use a fine permanent marker to mark the position of the camera gear with the servo gear. Then remove the screws holding the camera mount and try moving it by a few teeth then remount the camera.

Now power up the Breeze and see if the camera will zero at the horizontal position. If it stabilizes, connect and try moving the camera with Breeze Cam.

Use a fine permanent marker to mark the position of the camera gear with the servo gear. Then remove the screws holding the camera mount and try moving it by a few teeth then remount the camera.

Now power up the Breeze and see if the camera will zero at the horizontal position. If it stabilizes, connect and try moving the camera with Breeze Cam.
Thank you very much, sounds very easy but not for me. I remove the screws but i don't know which one is the servo and wich one is the camera gear. I send this video to the local drone repair service but they said this is too cheap drone for any fixing... i need some tutorial videos or pictures.

Thanks Tamas

I searched high and low on YouTube for a video on replacing/ repairing the Breeze camera and only found one showing the opposite problem of yours. That one had the servo not shutting off in the 90 degrees down position, which can be overcome by exercising the camera at that position to limber up the stiff ribbon cable for the camera.

My Breeze is still under warranty, so I will not be opening it up while it is working fine. The servo gear should still be on the Breeze, when the camera is unmounted by removing the four Allen head screws holding the camera mount to the frame. Inspect for stripped or worn gear teeth on the camera and servo.

Can the camera be repositioned to tilt up slightly then sacrificing the straight down position? Wouldnt do it on my new ones but maybe on a used on.

Not sure if there is enough physical room to do that. If you feel like experimenting with one of the parts drones that would be great. You might get away with a one tooth change in position. For most flying I would prefer more uptilt of the camera than full down.

Yeah, me too. I figured I'm not the only one that would like some upward tilt. On one of the parts drones I did unscrew the camera to move it out of the way enough to scrape around a crack before using some gorilla glue 5 minute epoxy on it. ALWAYS a good idea to toughen the area first to create more surface area and places for the glue to grab before gluing as I'm sure you know.
Anyways I didnt remove the camera, just took out the 4 screws. I didnt really look over what would have to be done to change the position and how much it would actually move with each tooth change. When I saw a video of how the servo kept getting power at the down position I started to always bump it back up to avoid it and it didnt bother me that it was no longer straight down.
I've got some more story to tell about my adventures in parts drone repairs but I'll add it in the thread where the rest is:)

I have the same problem with the camera. I did not understand how you repaired it. Could you please give more details of how to repair the camera.

Which problem, Not homing at 0 degrees (horizontal), or making noise at the 90 degree position (looking straight down)?

The 90 degree down problem can be cured for a while by connecting to the breeze, going to Pilot mode, and exercising the camera at the 90 degree position for awhile.

The other problem at the 0 degree position is one I have not encountered, and will not mess with on my Breeze at this time as it is still in warranty and do not want to void it. I suggested a fix in another thread, but without the problem in front of me to analyze what is happening it is difficult at best to offer any help.

hi guys, my little drone fall down unfortunately, and now she shake her camera. Can i fix this problem easily or no ? Thanks
Have you fixed the problem? I have the same. Could you please describe how you did it? Thanks

I would say your servo gear is either out of place or has a broken tooth. You may be able to take the 2 screws out of the servo and adjust the wheel but this might also totally mess up the range of motion. You can buy a used one on ebay if you need to replace it. See my long breakdown of how to remove it or access it in the what does resetting the firmware do thread.
What exactly does resetting the breeze do?

Reactions: Sven

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop