Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can anyone see why the following 10.2" tablet won't work with the CGO3 app.

Reaction score
I want to make it clear that I'm not using it to fly my Yuneec Q500 4k drone. (just for an observer to watch) It is a 10.1"tablet with 7 Android, wifi is 2.4 GHz and 5 Ghz with a mini HDMI port and micro USB port that supports OTG with a screen resolution of 1280x800. The tablet recognizes the app and when I hit the connection, the app diasappears after briefly showing what the camera sees. It is only up for 3 seconds then the app crashes. I think it meets the needed requirements for the app to work. What could possibly be wrong? PS. The tablet is a Simbans tablet.

Can the tablet connect to an AP operating on 802.11a/ac. I don’t think the CGO3 app is compatible 802.11n.

The specs for the tablet only say 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi. It doesn’t specify which 802.11 standards it supports.

Just curious......are you connecting to the camera wifi in the android wifi menu before you open the app? Make certain the tablet isn't connecting to any other wifi. You may have to select "Forget" on the ones that show in the wifi menu.

DoomMeister, I bought the tablet on Amazon and in the question & answer section, someone said it was 802.11ac. I emailed the manufacturer and am waiting for their response.
Steve, I open the app first, then click on the CGO5ghz on the wifi menu and after it shows connected I hit the camera button on app and the app crashes and has to be brought back up. The CGO5ghz shows it is still connected and no other wifi shows connected. I should add that I am not capable at the present to drag out the drone and controller to try the forget in the Wifi menu. I just got home yesterday from back surgery and the wife would have a heart attack if she saw me messing around with it.

Last edited:
DoomMeister, I bought the tablet on Amazon and in the question & answer section, someone said it was 802.11ac. I emailed the manufacturer and am waiting for their response.
Steve, I open the app first, then click on the CGO5ghz on the wifi menu and after it shows connected I hit the camera button on app and the app crashes and has to be brought back up. The CGO5ghz shows it is still connected and no other wifi shows connected.

Make the wifi connection before starting the app. If I open the app on my iPhone before making the connection it does not work. You may be experiencing the same on the Android version, but to a worse degree.

DoomMeister, I just tried what you told me and it still did not work. It shows what the camera see's for about 3 seconds then the whole app crashes and I have to start it up again. In the right hand top corner of the app it shows
Connected "CGO3_9103F4" I've even deleted the app and redownloaded it but to no avail. I still think there's something wrong with the app as I've done a lot of research on this and a lot of people are having the exact problem. I'm also thinking that it might have something to do with me trying it in the same room as my computer router. I'll try whe the weather gets a little warmer to check this theory out.

Try putting the tablet in airplane mode, then enable wifi and connect to the camera, then start the app. If that fails to work then I'm not sure what it may be. I'll try it with my Amazon Fire 7 and see what I get.

I tried the airplane mode then enabled wifi and tried connecting to the camera. Still doesn't work. I appreciate the advice though.

I get the same results on the Fire7 tablet. The iOS version works fine, but the Android version crashes when the camera is accessed in the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval