Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can I share my ST-16 video feed with a phone?

AH-64 D

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Is there a way for me to share the video I see on my ST-16 with a local phone? At one point, I was thinking that I could, but do not see mention of it in the manual. I recently learned that letting someone use my Skyview to see what I was seeing was a bad idea - He promptly broke the HDMI adapter on the HDMI cable that I used to connect my HDMI out to my Skyview. I will not do that again, but I am willing to try to use a wireless link if it is possible.

You should be able to use the CGO app for iPhone or the CGO3 app for Android. I have no trouble using the iOS app, but have not been able to get the Android app to work on my Amazon Fire 7 tablet.

The usable range for the phone may be less than on the ST-16, and every device connecting via WiFi to the camera will degrade the video downlink. This is a normal problem with using WiFi for a video feed as each device has to have the video data packets sent to it. Systems that use a composite video feed (like old TV transmissions) do not get this lag since the data is sent to all receivers at once.

You should be able to use the CGO app for iPhone or the CGO3 app for Android. I have no trouble using the iOS app, but have not been able to get the Android app to work on my Amazon Fire 7 tablet.

The usable range for the phone may be less than on the ST-16, and every device connecting via WiFi to the camera will degrade the video downlink. This is a normal problem with using WiFi for a video feed as each device has to have the video data packets sent to it. Systems that use a composite video feed (like old TV transmissions) do not get this lag since the data is sent to all receivers at once.
Thanks for the clarification. It would be nice if I could feed my HDMI output to a separate video transmitter, but it does not sound like I can do that. Being unsure how much using WiFi to share my video with a phone will degrade my video downlink, I guess the only way to find out is to try it.

Thanks for the clarification. It would be nice if I could feed my HDMI output to a separate video transmitter, but it does not sound like I can do that. Being unsure how much using WiFi to share my video with a phone will degrade my video downlink, I guess the only way to find out is to try it.
It never hurts to try it. I was informed after my post above that connecting phones doesn’t degrade the connection according to another member @10-8. I still need to try it myself to know for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis