Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cannot get Gimbal to zero

Reaction score
Hi, I took delivery of my H520 and camera's this week so first time poster.

The issue I am having on any camera I connect is that even after calibrating both the gimbal and the controller I cannot get the camera to return to zero.

It starts at zero on bootup but then goes down to 3 or 4. When I check the channels the slider is reporting maybe 6, sometimes higher if I move from one extreme to the other it never actually gets to a zero value.

I assumed that the controller calibration would be setting the travel based on the values it gets when you move the slider from one end to the other and should compensate for a channel not returning to zero but it seems not.

Is this likely why the camera will not return to level and if so does anybody have any idea how to fix this or is this a service call?

Many thanks.

It's the same for a few of us. We have not attached much importance to it. You are right in saying that it should be guided by the values that are marked as limits in the calibration. Let's hope they take this into account and fix it with an update.

Hi, I took delivery of my H520 and camera's this week so first time poster.

The issue I am having on any camera I connect is that even after calibrating both the gimbal and the controller I cannot get the camera to return to zero.

It starts at zero on bootup but then goes down to 3 or 4. When I check the channels the slider is reporting maybe 6, sometimes higher if I move from one extreme to the other it never actually gets to a zero value.

I assumed that the controller calibration would be setting the travel based on the values it gets when you move the slider from one end to the other and should compensate for a channel not returning to zero but it seems not.

Is this likely why the camera will not return to level and if so does anybody have any idea how to fix this or is this a service call?

Many thanks.
@Dave P I have the same problem. Only gets up to about 3 or 4 degrees.
I have several problems with the camera control in general, as it feels like it requires 3 hands, and 8 fingers on each one to both fly the machine and get smooth footage with full control over pan and pitch. I also think the H520 has poor yaw authority (or mis-matched gain with yaw and the other controls, at least), which make smooth panning a little hit and miss. I've raised this with some admins on the board and we're hoping that Yuneec will add some more logical, better thought out and ergonomic camera input and control.
Whilst the camera is far far inferior, for example, I can get better and smoother panning footage using my tiny DJI Spark than I can the H520, and that's only got a 2 axis gimbal. I'm having to try and tune out the sluggish yaw in editing :-/

@arruntus @journeyman thanks for the replies, at least I know it is not something I have done wrong with set-up. I knew when I decided to go with the H520 that an amount of patience would be required as it is not the finished article just yet but I figured as it was winter with not so many flying opportunities at the moment anyway I am hoping this will have improved by the spring. I have not flown my new 520 as yet because of the weather here, so not sure how the yaw feels, but when I went down for a test flight with Dan a couple of weeks back he was using a beta version of the firmware when I flew, and the yaw on my flight felt good to me, certainly comparable with the Mavic so let's hope that this has been addressed together with the camera angle in the next release, certainly the camera on the model I flew had no problem going back to zero as well.

Because in the factory, they do something, and they leave it well. When you do a calibration is when it comes out wrong.

For now it is better not to perform a calibration if you do not detect anything wrong.

Lacking Team mode and a second controller it is not possible to both fly the aircraft and maintain smooth camera control in both ban and tilt. It can be done with the 480 when Cruise Control is used but I don’t know the 580 employs that functionality. Waypoint flights would free up hands for camera control with the 580.

Waypoints are there now, region of interest and curved cable cam are on the way, and so I am told, so is team mode, so it should all be good soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis