Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cannot update firmware - newly purchased drone

Reaction score
Hi,

I cannot update firmware on Yuneec Breeze, just purchased today.

Error message when checking for the new firmware: Check firmware version failed. Please check network connection.

The drone is connected to iPhone with 4G Internet connection, which is working at the time of Wi-Fi drone control.

I tried 3 devices, same thing.

Flying Controller Version: 1.0.0
ESC version 1.0.3
Camera Version: 1.0.2 (F)

I will be thankful if anybody could help or try the same on his/her device

Reactions: da_blackapino
Hi,
I have the same problem as you and no it dosn"t ask me to update.
version commandes 1.1.2
version esc: 1.0.3
version caméra:2.0.4
Thank you for your help

There is a button in the app to update the firmware. I used it to do that. The app did not prompt me by itself to update. I still would like to have the latest firmware on my drone, since from what I see on forums there is much newer firmware on other user´s drones.

As you see from the replay of lavigne the firmware on his/her drone is much newer

Last edited:
I wish I could offer some help, but there isn't much information available yet. Please contact Yuneec and see if they can help. Let us know what you find out.

Thank you for your help , but when I press the button i have still the same message "Check firmware version failed. Please check network connection"

I think that I have to contact the support team of Yuneec.

thank you

Same problem, just received mine yesterday??? Anyone with experance with the breeze having this problem. Seems strange that many of us who recently received this drone are getting the same message? Maybe the site is down or maybe Yuneec sent out a bad batch, will have to wait until Monday to call them.

Dr Eric Cohen MD
Orlando, FL

Last edited:
You habe to disconnect wifi from the Breeze (turn it of). Start the APP and click on update. It will download the update.
Connect to the Breeze again and update it.
I would not update the 2.0.4 - it is the best Firmware I tried!!
I can fly up to 80m and 100m away with working Video. Former firmwares does not allow this and the newer 2.0.10 was not able to connect to ANY (!!!!!!!) of my devices after switching wifi to "outdoor".

I tried to press the button "look for available updates" both when the drone was connected and disconnected. In both case I had Internet connection. I get the same error as in my first message.

I had the same results, strange look on another forum and it seems like people that received their Breeze in the last few days are having this problem. I will call Yuneec Monday and try to figure it out. Are there any Breeze owners out there that could update firmware in the past and presently have this problem?

Last edited:
On a positive note the firmware the Breeze came with is working fine. Flew for the first time this morning and was very happy with the preformance. I would not compare the Breeze to my Mavic Pro but I also would not compare my BMW to my Toyota. Both are excellent automobiles and are in different categories. I feel the same way with the Mavic and the Breeze, both are excellent in their categories. I am sure I will enjoy both with great enthusiasm.

Reactions: Hans5546
I do not see this comparison with cars to be relevant. I do have connection issues, the drone suddenly disconnected in the middle of fight and never connected, flight indoors is very unstable. Yuneec writes that they are improving Follow Me mode. Since the firmware that users receive is the same as in August 2016 when the drone was launched and not updatable there are no promised improvements. From other threads it looks like new firmware, that was once available, make things worse, not better. It looks like the company is unable to support this drone.

Here:
yuneecpilots.com/threads/modify-the-default-wifi-channel.6910
Is the solution for an offline update and a way how to install it. I got the 2.0.4 from the link in the topic. http://download.yuneec.com/Breeze/firmware.bin
The download works. I will not try a newer Firmware as the 2.0.4 works perfect as mentioned above!
Store the firmware for later. I could not connect to the Breeze any more after switch wifi to outdoor with firmware 2.0.10 and got that solved be flashing back to 2.0.4!

Ps: I am not responsible for any damage when you try to update!

Reactions: LGW
I've had my breeze since November and periodically check for updates. I'm getting the same error asking me to check my network connection, so it's not really a newly purchased issue. I do have the most recent firmware that was causing all the problems.
From my understanding the new firmware went from 2.4G to a 5.8G connection. This caused some devices to not connect, and has also caused freezing or dropped connections while in flight. Fortunately, the drone returns home on its own by default. Just don't get caught under a tree or structure given it may climb to a "return home" height and hit something.

Through discussions, we've got an idea that the disconnection is caused by apps trying to update in the background. For example a weather app may try and refresh while you are flying and take over your connection. I've also had amber alerts, or push notifications like a low phone battery disconnect me.

We've gone around this by putting the phone in airplane mode and turning on wifi and Bluetooth (if using the controller). So far it works with few hitches.

Hopefully the error updating will prompt yuneec to release a new update, or the error its self could be evidence they are working on it.

Called Yuneec and they did not have a solution, walked me through it a couple of times and same error message. Like the Breeze but I guess I will return it do to the firmware update problem.

I would return mine, but I see no good alternative to this drone. It is exactly the size I wanted. The main problem for me is the range - about 30 meters. Shortest range I've ever seen with any drone. I guess they switched to 5.8Ghz in the new firmware because they tried to move to a less crowded spectrum.

It's not good when Yuneec customer support can not even tell you what the most current version of there firmware for the Breeze is. Did not think a Yuneec would have such poor customer service.

I would return mine, but I see no good alternative to this drone. It is exactly the size I wanted. The main problem for me is the range - about 30 meters. Shortest range I've ever seen with any drone. I guess they switched to 5.8Ghz in the new firmware because they tried to move to a less crowded spectrum.
The Breeze was always on 5.8Ghz and never on 2.4! They only changed the channel.
30m was a problem with a former firmware, I also had it. Now I can fly into the geofence. But as nobody seems to be interested in the really good working 2.0.4 linked above: happy waiting for your update inside the app. And please be careful when changing the channel setting with the new firmware - this will be a real fun. I could not connect to my Breeze after changing the channel setting to "outdoor" in the new firmware! Non of my devices could even see the wifi of the Breeze (OnePlus One, IPad Air2, Samsung S3, BQ Aquarius X5, Cubot X9).

The Breeze was always on 5.8Ghz and never on 2.4! They only changed the channel.
30m was a problem with a former firmware, I also had it. Now I can fly into the geofence. But as nobody seems to be interested in the really good working 2.0.4 linked above: happy waiting for your update inside the app. And please be careful when changing the channel setting with the new firmware - this will be a real fun. I could not connect to my Breeze after changing the channel setting to "outdoor" in the new firmware! Non of my devices could even see the wifi of the Breeze (OnePlus One, IPad Air2, Samsung S3, BQ Aquarius X5, Cubot X9).
Mine is working fine with the firmware it came with, should I just stay with it? Version 1.0.3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech