Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cant connect to gui.. and drone doing strange things!

Reaction score
nearly 3 years ago my blade chroma crashed.. it was in pieces... I sent it back to horrizon hobby and they rebuilt it but I always wondered why it just plumited from the sky. Since then I moved and it was in a box. I used to use it for my work as I had a farm but had no more use for it. Suddenly I have the urge to use it again. I charged everything. .. made sure it was calibrated and then took a test flight. It was fine.. 2 months later I tried again and this time it seems to have found a line in the ground which it won't cross.!!! even if I turn it round it won't cross it.. so Im worried it may be preparing for another crash. I decided to check it using the gui. Got my old win 7 pc out and plugged it in but get the error "output data is coming back on input line" .. I found that the Yuneec drones have done the same and its a cable problem.. so I changed the cable for every other data cable I have and it still won't connect. Does anyone have a reliable source for buying a replacement usb micro data cable?... or any other suggestions please..
By the way.. anyone know why they stopped making it?.. It was great for me.. I had a farm and used it check my animals :) they were never spooked by it at all !

If the line in the ground is about 20 feet out, and you are trying to cross it coming towards you, you are probably in "Smart Mode". Put it in angle mode to see if the issue goes away.

The GUI issue might be a real issue, but try this first:
1.) Ensure drone is turned OFF
2.) Ensure GUI is shut down
3.) Ensure USB is not connected at either end
4.) Start the GUI, wait for it to fully come up.
5.) Plug in the USB cable, both Ends.
6,) Turn on the Chroma.
7.) See if the GUI connects without error.

The error message about "output data is coming back on input line" can mean two wires are reversed inside the drone, or there is a short somewhere. Have you tried a different USB port on your computer?
The data type USB cables are available at most locations that sell USB cables, but you have to look on the box for the word "DATA". Most are just charging cables.
If I use a standard charging cable I just get a "USB device not recognized" error on my Windows 10 system. I don't remember what error I received when running Windows 7.
There is a link on the GUI to some instructions. You may need to read the instructions, especially since you have a Windows 7 machine. There is quite a bit of information there.

And the Chroma IS a Yuneec product. It was exclusively marketed by Horizon Hobby, but it was built by Yuneec.

Hi, thanks so much for your detailed reply. The problem is the chroma won't go backwards away from me .. so no it isnt the smart mode thing.. I am saying that but will try it later today. I will also try reinstalling all the drivers. I'm using my win7 pc as thats the one I always used in the past and read that the gui doesn't run on win 10.. maybe it does now. Its certainly loaded and gives exactly the same errors!! Thanks for the details about the cable.. so I am using data cables then... I've several so will reinstall the drivers and also check the mode too.
Thanks again.. and whoppee its a Yuneec.. at least there may be some interchangeable parts!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements