Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can't exceed 10.9 feet...

Reaction score
Trying to test my new Breeze and I have the game controller, fresh battery, everything fully charged. In the App I set the Geofence altitude to max, 328.1 ft. I am an experienced RC pilot. I registered myself in the App and got a confirmation with the App that the setting took hold via the Breeze's WiFi.

Yet when I take it outside to fly, I cannot get any higher than 10.9, or 11 feet up, at most. I've tried this three time now and I keep hitting that limit. What am I doing wrong?

I do not have the compass calibrated, because there are a bunch of power lines here. That will have to wait until summer and warmer weather when I bring the Breeze to my flying field. But as I understand it, the Compass isn't necessary when flying via Controller.

Cal the compass. It does not matter if it is flying via the controller or phone. *** if you are using the controller it is still actually using the phone. The controller does not connect to the drone. All it does is replace the screen input on the phone via bluetooth****. As long as you are not calibrating under the power lines you should be fine just get 75 to 100ft away and your good.
Double check the geo fence settings. Make sure the alt and dist are set out to anything greater than the 10 or 11 feet you are getting. If all this does not work. Try with GPS off and let us know if it goes higher that what you have been getting.

i read on another post that the Breeze is limited to 10 feet if you are using it without GPS. Do you know if this is true?

So I believe figured out why my Breeze would not fly above 10 feet, or at least I think I did. I noticed that the IRS sensor indicator in the App was ORANGE. I checked to see if the lens was foggy from the cold air (it wasn't), and I tried cleaning the lens glass. Nothing seemed to be working. I was certainly not "out of normal range, too close, or too far to detect the surface the drone was flying over" I grumbled to myself, as I picked up the Breeze to walk back inside.

At this point I noticed that the IRS turned BLUE when the drone was off the ground, but every time I set it back down on the cold sidewalk it reverted back to ORANGE. I tested this a few times, on a few different surfaces, in sun and shade, and got the same basic results each time.

So I took her up again, and low and behold, as soon as I was about 4 feet off the ground, the IRS turned BLUE, so I flipped on the video recorder and kept pushing her higher and up over the roof, to film my solar panels:

This is all via game controller flying, BTW. I didn't dare risk RTH in that narrow space with power lines everywhere! I am an experienced RC airplane flier, and have a few quads that I've fooled around with, so I am reasonably confident I can avoid crashing into myself or the sides of buildings.

I was disappointed with the speed of the video pan achieved by yawing the drone. Obviously expo is out of the question on a game controller. Still, I only used the slightest pressure on the stick to yaw, and with my other quads (Dromida Ominus, Blade Pico and Blade Nano QX) I can yaw very, very slowly. I will have to try setting the max flying speed to the smallest number and see if that improves things.

Overall my flying was pretty jerky, but until I have the compass calibrated and try slower max flying speeds, I am going to reserve judgment on that.

Good to hear you got it working. When mine is on the ground the IRS is also Orange but as soon as it comes off the ground it's good. It's always been normal for mine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval