Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can't lose altitude.

Reaction score
My last two flights, the Typhoon H would lose altitude to about 60ft to 80ft and then would not come down any more. I did a return to home and it would get close enough to hand catch, but I can't seem to just bring it down to land it or catch it. Any ideas?

What's it saying on your controller? Does it think its at ground level. Or could it be in smart mode or playing up?

Checked the sticks in the monitor first thing and seems to be going all the way down, no smart mode, and altitude is reading between 60 to 80 when it stops coming down. Going to re-calibrate everything and reload the firmware.

If this is the same problem as discussed in about 10 previous threads, there are multiple ways round it. Mine does it every so often. We speculate that the reason may be barometric inaccuracy combined with Yuneec's inbuilt descent profile on the H which radically slows it down when it thinks it is near ground. You can even prove to yourself whether this was the cause by checking your altitude readings immediately after Motor start, but before take-off in the telemetry. If that figure radically changes between motor start and launch (and I mean 30 ft or more, not just 2 or 3, which would be 'normal'), that is highly likely to be the reason for the descent error.

If you search 'won't descend' you should find the thread where I list all the ways to mitigate this behaviour on the rare times it happens... oh yes, there it is.

Last edited:
Tom, I'm curious where your Rate Slider is, I know it's a long shot but; have you made sure to have it at full (high) rate when trying to descend?

If this is the same problem as discussed in about 10 previous threads, there are multiple ways round it. Mine does it every so often. We speculate that the reason may be barometric inaccuracy combined with Yuneec's inbuilt descent profile on the H which radically slows it down when it thinks it is near ground. You can even prove to yourself whether this was the cause by checking your altitude readings immediately after Motor start, but before take-off in the telemetry. If that figure radically changes between motor start and launch (and I mean 30 ft or more, not just 2 or 3, which would be 'normal'), that is highly likely to be the reason for the descent error.

If you search 'won't descend' you should find the thread where I list all the ways to mitigate this behaviour on the rare times it happens... oh yes, there it is.
Yea that sounds like my problem, didn't try that will not descent search, try other wording. Thanks I'll read that thread.

I question the theory regarding the descent rate based on the barometer reading. I've flown downhill many times to negative altitudes without any change in descent rates. In fact, it is rather easy to make a "hard" landing when coming down too quickly.

Whatever the cause it will be interesting to determine the culprit. My suggestion at this point is to rule out certain functions. Start with flying to 10' and landing. Then 20'. Does it happen at all altitudes or only descending from higher flights? Does descent combined with forward flight make a difference or descending in a spiral? When it happens does turning off GPS make any difference?

If you reset the controller, go to Pad and clear the flightdata first. When doing so you need to create a new model, bind and re-calibrate everything. It's entirely possible there is a glitch in the flightdata which is giving the Flight Controller bad information.

To clear the flight data follow this video beginning at minute 2:22

If anybody wants to know, I did pretty much what Steve Carr and the video said and now my bird is flying fine. Thanks guys for the input.
The

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss