Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can't upgrade Firmware

Reaction score
I have a Typhoon H running 1.2x firmware. Tonight I downloaded the latest 3.xx firmware and tried many times to install it, even from different computers. One running Windows 7 and the other running Windows 10. I get one of two messages when it fails; "Erase failed" or "Operation timed out".

I also got the license for the nofly zones and tried installing it. It goes through the motions but when I select the license and tap Open. Nothing happens and the license doesn't load.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Kevin

Kevin,

If you have not already reviewed, try reading this thread starting at post #15. There are some videos and discussion that may help.

What is missing from your post is how are you are transferring the firmware files from your PC to your H.

Jeff

Last edited:
Thanks Jeff, I had looked at the video prior to your reply and was able to upgrade the firmware via WiFi through the ST16. However, I still cannot get the NFZ license to install. It seems there is some issue communicating with my Typhoon H through the USB port.

When I was first trying to upload the firmware it was from my Surface Pro, running Windows 10 and from a Windows 7 VM using VMware Fusion on my Mac. I was never successful uploading the firmware that way. The only option I see for installing the license is through the GUI from a PC.

I select Tools/License, then I pick the License file on my desktop, when I hit Open.

I get one of two things after that. Either the GUI crashes or absolutely nothing happens and I'm back to monitoring the sensors.

It seems like Win7 works a little better with the GUI. To open the GUI, right click on the icon and select "Run as Administrator"

Thanks Steve, that didn't work either. I did get different results but it still didn't install the license.

Everything matches with the exception of the Gimbal. Mine is Version 1.27 and I have RealSense 1.10.

The 1.27 is perfect. I think your best bet is to use the Live Chat on Yuneec's web site. It's open during business hours. It's possible there is an error in the file they sent you.

Thanks Steve, I tried to contact them today but their website was down most of the day. I did think of one thing and I'm trying it now. My Win7 VM was a fresh install. I'm performing updates (209 of them). I will try again after that is complete and report back.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I really doubt that is the issue, but who knows. It might take hours to get all those updates finished.

It already has taken hours. I'm on update 185 of 209 so I'm closing in on the finish line.

After applying all of the updates to Win7, I still can't get the License to install.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33