Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CES 2018; Yuneec 3 announces: Typhoon H Plus, Firebird FPV airplane and HD racer drones

Reaction score
****MODERATOR NOTE****
Be advised, if you had a post that is the same as another users post, it is being removed to clean up this thread as it is a merging of multiple threads that were posted and now merged.

This post was accidentally moved and merged along with others. As it is the first post, deleting it will delete the thread so it must stay. It has been removed and the user will be posting his sale items again. Apologies for the confusion and mistake.

Murray

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I waited because I really want this:

"CAMERA Dimensions: 115 x 80 x 130 mm Weight: 350 g Focal length: 23 mm Sensor: 1 "CMOS Effective pixels: 20 MP Video resolution: max 4K / 60 FPS FOV: 91°"

Looks like I'll have to wait three months though. Hey-ho, it's raining anyway.

Looks like the H Plus is a H520 running consumer software - so you loose Datapilot, but gain follow-me, orbit etc. The C23 camera appears to be identical to the E90, so it's not clear why it gets a different name, except that the camera may also contain some of the autopilot firmware, which could be different between the two machines. Also includes the upgraded ST16S from the H520 package. Price is apparently $1799.99.

The HD racer looks fun - $179.99 for a zippy little racer drone, comes with a controller that you mount your phone on (ST6)

The fixed wing drone is interesting - controlled by cellphone, 30 minute flight time, this is not a long range bird but a consumer gadget, for people who enjoy flying. $699.99

Looks like the H Plus is a H520 running consumer software - so you loose Datapilot, but gain follow-me, orbit etc. The C23 camera appears to be identical to the E90, so it's not clear why it gets a different name, except that the camera may also contain some of the autopilot firmware, which could be different between the two machines. Also includes the upgraded ST16S from the H520 package. Price is apparently $1799.99.

The HD racer looks fun - $179.99 for a zippy little racer drone, comes with a controller that you mount your phone on (ST6)

The fixed wing drone is interesting - controlled by cellphone, 30 minute flight time, this is not a long range bird but a consumer gadget, for people who enjoy flying. $699.99
But just like you set the ST16 to H920 and get extra features... What's stopping people doing similar things?

I suspect the ST16 will be running completely different software - so you won't get any of the DataPilot package. It won't be a question of choosing your model, it will require you to run different software that (I'm guessing) will only work with the appropriate drone.

We'll see, but the fact that they have a 'different' camera for the two different machines suggests they are incompatible for the software.

I’ll still concerned the H 520 design and gimbal are more subject to props in shot. I’ll believe it when I see it. Not sure I’d give up all I’ve learned for just the camera when I get very satisfactory results with the CGO3+

TYPHOON H PLUS

New drone from Yuneec presented at CES 2018. Looks like he's wearing the E90 and the Intel Real Sense.

The drone’s controller is based on Android and has a 7-inch 720p display. The Typhoon H Plus will be out in the first half of 2018 for $1,799.99, the same price as its predecessor.

So far I haven't found any more information but it looks a lot like the H520.

P.D.: More info

YUNEEC Typhoon H Plus | Hexacopter with 1

Last edited:
Available with or without Realsense.

0461C4DF-E5B5-4367-961A-C0CAD5CE2F92.jpeg
The Typhoon H Plus is the latest addition to the acclaimed Typhoon H series and not only boasts a new camera with a 1-inch and 20-megapixel CMOS camera sensor and a new PX4-based flight controller, but also with a longer flight time, numerous intelligent flight modes and additional security features. With a significant reduction in noise compared to the other production models, the Typhoon H Plus is one of the quietest hexa-copters in its class.In addition, it offers a stable flight even at wind speeds of up to 50 km / h due to its larger wingspan.

The Typhoon H Plus C23 camera, designed for high-quality photo and video capture, is capable of capturing videos in 4K at up to 60 frames per second, as well as brilliant and detailed photos thanks to its 20-megapixel 1-inch sensor. The 3-axis gimbal, which rotates endlessly through 360 degrees, ensures shake-free shots. This feature, in combination with the Typhoon H Plus and its retractable landing gear, provides unrestricted all-round camera vision without having to move the copter. The software of the Typhoon H Plus was developed in Switzerland and is based on the PX4 code. It not only lets the Kopter fly diverse and intelligent flight modes (Orbit, POI, Journey, Curve Cable Cam, Follow Me, Return Home), but thanks to the geofencing function and integrated No Fly Zones it also increases flight safety. Like any Typhoon H model, the Typhoon H Plus is stably fl exible with only five engines in an emergency and is available with or without Intel® RealSense technology on request.

It helps the copter to recognize obstacles and to fly around them safely autonomously. The Typhoon H Plus is controlled with the ST16S remote control, which has an integrated 7 inch display and displays the live image via video downlink in 720p HD.

The market launch of the Typhoon H Plus is expected to take place in late March 2018.RRP: 1.549 EUR without Intel RealSense / UVP: 1.849 EUR with Intel RealSense

Specifications Typhoon H Plus: DRONE Weight (without camera and RealSense [TM] module): 1645 g Diagonal length: 520 mm Flight time: up to 25 minutes (with C23) Battery: 4S 5250mAh LiPo

REMOTE CONTROL Operating system: Android Range control signal: 1.6 km Resolution video link: 720p Connections: USB, HDMI

CAMERA Dimensions: 115 x 80 x 130 mm Weight: 350 g Focal length: 23 mm Sensor: 1 "CMOS Effective pixels: 20 MP Video resolution: max 4K / 60 FPS FOV: 91 °

7BE51595-A6E1-4F5A-9D05-48B194BAAD9A.jpeg
HD racer

With the HD Racer Yuneec introduces its first FPV racing drone. It is designed for those who want to take a look at the trend sport FPV Racing, without having to build a drone in advance from many individual parts and with a lot of work. The HD Racer by Yuneec is not only small, agile and packed with useful features, but is also ideal for indoor flight fun thanks to its quiet and collision-resistant impeller drive. The special innovation of the racer is a digital video link. It transmits the HD live image with very little latency on an iOS or Android device that either acts as a display of the ST6 remote control or optionally as a display of the optional FPV headset.

During the flight, two stabilizing flight modes help the pilot to reach their destination safely: the Angle Limit mode and the Altitude mode.When Angle Limit mode is activated, the HD Racer has limited pitch and roll angles. In Altitude mode, the HD Racer automatically maintains its altitude within the physical range and thanks to a pressure sensor. If you let go of the sticks during the flight in one of the two modes, the HD Racer stops automatically on the spot and hovers until it receives a new control command. The stabilizing modes help the pilot to reduce the risk of a crash while providing more fun. If the HD Racer ever take an obstacle and land on his back, the pilot can activate the "flip-up mode", which automatically turns the racer back to its feet.So the race can be seamlessly continued without annoying waiting times. All racing fun can be recorded on video in 1080p at 60fps or in 720p at 60 fps. The flight time is up to six minutes.

The launch of the HD Racer is expected to take place at the end of April 2018. RRP: 179 EUR

Specifications HD Racer: DRONE Weight (including battery and camera): 65 g Battery: 1S 550mAh LiPo Dimensions: 135 x 130 x 45 mm (LxWxH) Flight time: Approx. 6 min. Motor: Brushed video frequency: 5.8 GHz

REMOTE CONTROL Band: 2.4 GHz Tax area: 100 m Battery: Built-in LiPo

CAMERA FOV: 117 ° Effective pixels: 13 MP Video Modes: 080p 60fps / 720p 60fps Range video transmission: Up to 80m, depending on the environment and the smartphone Latency: <100ms

B6A6497C-24AD-4BFB-AC06-0404CEC9BAD7.jpeg
Firebird FPV

With the new fixed-wing drone Firebird FPV Yuneec brings an RC legend into the modern age. The Firebird FPV is the successor to the world-famous RC aircraft Firebird, which has already taught millions of people to fly RC.The reinterpretation of the Firebirds has taken no one less than the multiple Tournament of Champions winner Mike McConville. The innovative intersection of RC model airplane and multicopter comes back to the starting position at the push of a button and can land automatically, taking into account the environmental conditions. In addition, a virtual fence and floor can be set up, which can not be flown through by the Firebird FPV, so that it can neither fly away nor hit the ground.

With a variety of flight and safety features, the Firebird FPV becomes a winged wing, allowing the pilot to experience the flight from the cockpit thanks to FPV. The Firebird comes with a short-latency digital video link. Unlike traditional analog FPV signals, the Firebird transmits the live image to the smartphone in clear and interference-free high definition, which can be plugged into either the ST10C remote control or the headset for a direct flight experience. For an even more intense flight experience, the pilot can also show a head-up display with telemetry data and artificial horizon. The video signal can be recorded directly in the plane in 4K on SD card. These recordings can be shared on social media if desired.

Depending on the flight experience, the pilot can choose between three flight modes: In the Acrobatic mode the pilot flies completely free.In the Safety and Stability mode, a different angle restriction of the longitudinal and transverse axes prevents excessive rolling and pitching of the aircraft and thus contributes to increased flight safety. In addition, in both modes, by releasing all the sticks, pilots can activate an emergency mechanism that ensures the model returns to a stable, straight trajectory. This additionally minimizes the risk of a crash. In addition, the Firebird FPV has a queuing mode. In this, the fixed-wing drone fully automatically returns to the starting point and turns around there until the control is taken over manually again.

The launch of the Firebird FPV is scheduled for early April 2018. RRP: 599 EUR

Specifications Firebird FPV: DRONE Weight (including battery and camera): 1200 g Span: 1200 mm Battery: Smart 3S 2800mAh LiPo Airspeed: Max. 83 km / h Length: 830 mm Flight time: 25-30 min

CAMERA Focus: 2.92 Aperture: 2.5 FOV: 117 ° Effective pixels: 13 MP Video Modes: 4K / 1080p / 720p Range video transmission: Up to 500 m

Reactions: yerrickl
The announced great update is about to arrive?
Typhoon H plus has the following features, sound familiar?:
  • Orbit Me
  • Point of Interest
  • Journey
  • Follow Me / Watch Me
  • Curved Cable Cam
A flight controller based on PX4. A new ST16. 520mm. Same batteries. The E90. Just like the H520. In that they differ apart from having more functions than the H520 and the proximity sensors o_O

I wonder how they made it 40% quieter? New motors / props? It seems most of the noise comes from the props cutting the air. Wonder if we can upgrade the software and firmware in our H's to the Plus. I don't really care about the camera upgrades but the software and firmware upgrades would be nice.

With this announcement the value of the existing Typhoon H just tanked. If I had one on back order I’d cancel the order and wait for the pricing and actual release of the new model.

Reactions: Mark Davini
With this announcement the value of the existing Typhoon H just tanked. If I had one on back order I’d cancel the order and wait for the pricing and actual release of the new model.
Are you liking your 920?

Seems like it’s a 520 painted dark gray with an E90 and dumbed down ST16 from a 520.

It will likely be a good bird but I don’t want to be the first one to own one. Maybe after a few firmware updates.

Reactions: thoneter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval