Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CG02+ problem on hand held

Reaction score
I did do a search on this with no results.

Today I tried using the CG02+ with the...Stabil Grip (??) for the 1st time with the Typhoon Camera app and a Samsung SIII phone. It connected up OK and showed the picture on screen, (wouldn't stay connected, tho') and it had a circle on right side of screen with a dot in it.....I assume to turn record on.

I tapped that fool circle/button till my finger was sore and it would Not go into record mode. Any thoughts ?? Thanks Lars.

Finally got after it again on Monday and it gave me fits. I found that it will usually connect fairly quickly and then tapping the small circle starts the recording. The purple/blue light flashing on camera tells me it's still recording, even when screen says, "no connection."

That's fine, but it's really touchy, trying to figure just where the fool thing is aimed. I'm using the Typhoon Camera app with my Samsung S3 phone.

Quality of the video is very good and I'm pleased, but shooting it could be a lot better.

Any thoughts to help me maintain a connection ?? Sure would appreciate it. Lars.

Finally got after it again on Monday and it gave me fits. I found that it will usually connect fairly quickly and then tapping the small circle starts the recording. The purple/blue light flashing on camera tells me it's still recording, even when screen says, "no connection."

That's fine, but it's really touchy, trying to figure just where the fool thing is aimed. I'm using the Typhoon Camera app with my Samsung S3 phone.

Quality of the video is very good and I'm pleased, but shooting it could be a lot better.

Any thoughts to help me maintain a connection ?? Sure would appreciate it. Lars.

No help with my question, so after much further messing around - and I'm not good at this - here's what I've found:

It continues to have problems connecting via my Samsung SIII phone, but when it connects, then disconnects, the light on SG02+ still blinks and it really is still recording, tho' there's no picture.on phone. It's a real struggle getting it to reconnect so I can turn off the video and make it watchable. Easier to just shut it off, then when I get home connect it to the Q500+, turn on video, then turn it off. That terminates the previous video properly and then can watch/edit it on computer.

When I use my Samsung Galaxy Tab III 8" tablet it connects fine and stays connected. It's a bit of a stretch but the tablet does fit - barely - and stays in place in the holder on the steady grip. Still hard to see in daylight but workable.

Hope this helps someone.

Did you have to enter the password on your phone to connect to the camera ?
Sounds like the phone is killing the connection for whatever reason.
If it works well on your tablet, obviously it's an issue with the phone connection itself.
Unfortunately, with so many phones out there I'm no help in that area.

Did you have to enter the password on your phone to connect to the camera ?
Sounds like the phone is killing the connection for whatever reason.
If it works well on your tablet, obviously it's an issue with the phone connection itself.
Unfortunately, with so many phones out there I'm no help in that area.

Yah, hafta turn it on, enter the password, then open the app to connect to camera. Phone won't stay connected for more than a few seconds but camera keeps recording. Getting the phone to re-connect to turn video off is a long and frustrating process. Easier to just shut it off and terminate the video on the drone.

I haven't tried the tablet for a full length video yet, but it does stay connected for a 2 or 3 minute walk around the yard. Makes it a lot easier to see what the camera is looking at.

I posted this because it appears that many are having the same problem and it may be a work-around for some.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430