Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CG03+ coming apart

Reaction score
One of the metal strips on the top of my camera has started to come loose. It looks as if it's designed to be the surface the camera slides on when it is attached to the mount on the drone. Short of a drop of epoxy, what's the best way to fix it?

Thanks for your help.IMG_7791.JPG IMG_7792.JPG

I am looking at mine right now and it doesn't even have those metal strips

Its plastic, not metal... yes, just replace the gimbal mount... DO NOT fly with it in that condition.

Reactions: Rayray
I am looking at mine right now and it doesn't even have those metal strips

I stand corrected. Looking at it under magnification it appears that there is no metal strip and what I am seeing is the plastic delaminating.

I stand corrected. Looking at it under magnification it appears that there is no metal strip and what I am seeing is the plastic delaminating.
Is this caused by removing the camera too much or just fatigue??

Is this caused by removing the camera too much or just fatigue??

It's the weakest part of the design. I ordered spares because it will break when pulled on. It's one of the reasons I always remove the camera post flight and try to never hard land on the legs. I wish there was a non OEM replacement in carbon fiber or aluminum. I actually had those parts (rails) broken by Yuneec on a camera repair as they over bubble wrapped my camera and then strapped packing tape around it way too tight. That's also when I learned there are two designs for that plate and people sell the Q500 plate and grommets mistakenly as the TH plate. Do not attach your camera with this. It will fall off most likely when you take off. It's a very weak part holding the most expensive component on the ship. Not a fan of the design but as you have found out, requires vigilance and inspection to not ruin your day.

Its plastic, not metal... yes, just replace the gimbal mount... DO NOT fly with it in that condition.

The part that is pulled up appears to be the "lip" part that slides on the track part of the H. I would try to CAREFULLY super it glue it back on, but be warned that CA will melt certain plastics. Just keep an eye on it and maybe somehow tether the gimbal to the H with a piece of string or fishing line just in case the glue fails...but I doubt it will.... Ive superglued a prop broken in two together and I am still flying it (NO I DID NOT! I am kidding about that part! :D)

A cheap part, just replace it. It is designed to be a weak link, to free the camera in a collision that might otherwise damage it. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than a new cam. Dealers have them. Carolina Dronz, Vertigo Drones. Good folks.

So, how many times has that camera been separated from the H, and how many times was it re-installed crooked? I'm just curious about installation counts for life cycle reasons..

I went ahead and preemptively ordered these parts from Vertigo Drones for $10. My gimbal keeps slipping off of one of those rubber spacer thingies.

A follow up

I took Ray's advice and ordered a new mount. $15 for the part and 20 minutes to install it. The replacement was straightforward and easy, I just searched YouTube and followed the steps I found there. I flew yesterday and the camera performed flawlessly.

To answer the question, I don't know how many times the camera has been off the drone because I don't know how many times I've calibrated the compass. I do know how many times it was reinstalled crooked, which is zero.

The H fell out of the sky in May and I had only flown once or twice since I got it back. I suspect but do not know for sure that there was damage to the mount which was not noticed during the repair. I can't complain as the repair was covered under warranty, and that only because Yuneec retroactively doubled my warranty period several months after I bought the drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1