Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cg03 wiring

Reaction score
Hello everyone , just got a q5004k about a month ago. Taken it on multiple flights with no issues , until yesterday. My wiring broke so I used the jumper cable but however the little tiny wires that run through the camera frame are broke . I've looked all over for answers to no avail. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 15039318617971709180527.jpg
    15039318617971709180527.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
the little tiny wires that run through the camera frame are broke
Ouch. Not good. Unless you are experienced in micro soldering, it needs to be repaired by someone who fixes these cameras on a routine basis. You might try Terrestrial Imagining or Vertigo Drones. Also Carolina Dronz does camera repairs.

Thanks for the reply. I talked to yuneec customer service , which were really good. I was told those little wires are useless when I used the bypass wire . I sent it to fortress solutions in Texas. I'm hoping it's not too expensive to fix .

Thanks for the reply. I talked to yuneec customer service , which were really good. I was told those little wires are useless when I used the bypass wire . I sent it to fortress solutions in Texas. I'm hoping it's not too expensive to fix .
I'm guessing the customer service thought you were talking about the wires in the top of the gimbal. From your picture those wires are critical to the operation.
In any case I'm glad you found a repair facility. They should be able to fix it.

I'm guessing the customer service thought you were talking about the wires in the top of the gimbal. From your picture those wires are critical to the operation.
In any case I'm glad you found a repair facility. They should be able to fix it.

Hey Steve thanks for the replies sir. Do you know what those wires are for exactly . I looked all over the net and couldn't find out. I am a rookie at this stuff. I've wanted one for the longest time but never pulled the trigger. I decided to get one now because my wife and I are going on vacation to the east coast , new england states end of sept. I wanted to get some good footage . Now I'm hoping it can be fixed and ready to go.

Jag, yuneec customer service confused the cables you were asking about. They though you were talking about the 3 cables that connect the upper and lower gimbal plates. Now... Those cables are critical. I have never seen a diagram of the CGO3 before, but its no doubt that those wires are connected to the servos in the gimbal. There are two servos in the whole gimbal system, and each servo should have 3 cables which are POS, NEG and SIGNAL. I am not sure which is which, but this is a job for somebody who has done it several times before.

Thanks for the info guys. I can't believe those wires broke. I should find out today or tomorrow the extent of the damage.

Ok so here's the damage

Attachments

• 20170831_142315.png
    20170831_142315.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 59
Is there something on that list that is questionable? I know nothing about this stuff

Is there something on that list that is questionable? I know nothing about this stuff
Everything. You go there with broken cables and they replace the whole camera. Two boards all of a sudden went bad? Over $50 in shipping? I dont know, I'm skeptical to believing you really need all that.

When I turned the drone on I can see what the camera sees on my receiver . The will not level out , touches back and forth and has a beep pattern like this
( beep....beep...beep.beep.beep.beep.

When I turned the drone on I can see what the camera sees on my receiver . The will not level out , touches back and forth and has a beep pattern like this
( beep....beep...beep.beep.beep.beep.
That means your boards are not fried/burnt/gone. That means your servos are not working becqyse of the connectivity issues. Why can't they just replace the cables?

Let me summarize something first:

When you turn on the drone, the camera moves anywhere?

Once connection is made with ST10+, can you pan the camera up or down using the left lever?

Just trying to figure out whether you have both servo connections out.

When I turn on the camera is tilted to the left . I can't move it up or down . It just beeps and pulsates

By default, the camera is tilted to the left. When you turn on the drone, it should beep and should level horizontally. And, after the connection is done, you can pan it up or down using the lever you have on the left side of the controller. Do you see the camera doing that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx