Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

cg04 gimbal conversion

Reaction score
The cg04 camera is looking very underwhelming and we are considering a h920. If we got a 920 with the cgo4 could we convert the gimbal to the gh4 cage? If not we need to source one with the cage instead i guess.

Thanks in advance :)

Most users need to control the camera from the controller and also need a live video feed to get the shots or video they need. Both would be a problem using a GH4. The Typhoon G (Q500) does have such a gimbal and transmitter for video, but the camera functions must be set before launch. At least that is what I recall.

The cg04 camera is looking very underwhelming and we are considering a h920. If we got a 920 with the cgo4 could we convert the gimbal to the gh4 cage? If not we need to source one with the cage instead i guess.

Thanks in advance :)
The CGO4 is basically a Panasonic GH4 with gimbal and complete control from the ST16. Yuneec has a H920 gimbal that is made for the Panasonic GH4 but it does not provide remote control of all camera functions.

Ahh right, thankyou for clearing that up. I had no idea that you lost all the control with the gh4 cage. We are using an inspire raw at present and were looking at the 920 as a backup/ mapping unit as the inspire flight time dont offer much range.

The cg04 footage i have seen looks really poor is this just down to people not knowing what they are doing with it?

Ahh right, thankyou for clearing that up. I had no idea that you lost all the control with the gh4 cage. We are using an inspire raw at present and were looking at the 920 as a backup/ mapping unit as the inspire flight time dont offer much range.

The cg04 footage i have seen looks really poor is this just down to people not knowing what they are doing with it?
I am not a pro photographer but I have been very pleased with the quality of the CGO4 stills/video. It has many settings available including RAW format, so it would be possible to make some bad setups. The Panasonic GH4 manual and the Yuneec CGO4 users manual provide a good description of the camera. User reviews of the GH4 might also provide useful info.
The H920+ is a big heavy machine but it has nice flight handling qualities. The average flight time with 3 batteries is around 15-20 min. I have had some issues with the Yuneec batteries but they may be due to old stock. Tattu makes a H920 battery but it does not appear to be available in the USA- only in EU countries and Australia. It is the only H 920 battery on the U.K. Yuneec web site. Go figure? Any 6 cell LiPo battery with EC3 would electronically work in the H920 provided size, weight and CG issues were satisfied. Have not yet heard of anyone trying this.
Good luck with your decision.

I am not a pro photographer but I have been very pleased with the quality of the CGO4 stills/video. It has many settings available including RAW format, so it would be possible to make some bad setups. The Panasonic GH4 manual and the Yuneec CGO4 users manual provide a good description of the camera. User reviews of the GH4 might also provide useful info.
The H920+ is a big heavy machine but it has nice flight handling qualities. The average flight time with 3 batteries is around 15-20 min. I have had some issues with the Yuneec batteries but they may be due to old stock. Tattu makes a H920 battery but it does not appear to be available in the USA- only in EU countries and Australia. It is the only H 920 battery on the U.K. Yuneec web site. Go figure? Any 6 cell LiPo battery with EC3 would electronically work in the H920 provided size, weight and CG issues were satisfied. Have not yet heard of anyone trying this.
Good luck with your decision.

Thanks for the info pal, When you say 3 batts does that mean you run 3 batts in there at a time?

Seabee,

If you have shot any stills with the CGO-4 might you check to see if any geo data is recorded in the EXIF data? Thanks.

Seabee,

If you have shot any stills with the CGO-4 might you check to see if any geo data is recorded in the EXIF data? Thanks.
The GPS block in Lightroom Metadata for both JPEG and RAW stills is blank.
I think this is what you are asking. Still learning digital photography. My experience was in 35mm Tri-x, Ektachrome and Kodachrome. Different world.
Not sure the CGO4 receives Lat/Lon info from the 920 GPS.

That was exactly what I sought. Thank you.
As a workaround you could take a screenshot each time you shoot a still. It would be cumbersome and might not meet requirements. Just a thought.

Much too cumbersome. Easier to fit a Peau 8mm lens to a CGO-3 and fly it on an H. Using the -3 returns EXIF geo references.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece