Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO 3 + 4 K Stabilization Settings

Reaction score
I want to process video and make a file with footage, but I can't seem to find the right settings for this camera, or much about it actually.

Two Basic Questions.

What kind of camera is it?

AVCHD
HDV
DV

What is the Rolling Shutter Setting for most formats resolutions?

Also, I felt like I filmed in too high a resolution.

Probably better for me if I redo the shoot at the 30 fps but at CGO 3 + lowest setting. I think that is 1920 x 1080 at 30 fps

Last question:

Who actually makes CGO 3 + ?
Yuneec, or another manufacturer?

Thanks. And you can't shoot anything lower than 1080 p I think with this. I thought maybe I shot too high a resolution, and then when downscaling, maybe that is why I was having problems with my Sony Movie Studio crashing when trying to do image stabilization. Or maybe that is why the film looked slightly jerky, even though when I rendered at 720 the detail was very nice in WMV format. Trying to do a few renderings in 1080 and then maybe 1440 to see if the little bit of jerkiness goes away. Film looks great. Just needs stabilized.

If not, I am going to have to go out, I think and buy some higher end editing software to stabilize the raw footage and then redo the project. Sony crashes a bit when I try to use their Vegas Stabilize tool on one of my clips, but some other free software "VideoPad" using DeShaker does not. But I have to get the hang of the right settings for DeShaker.

And because there are text events and some images in the project, I don't think I can do stabilization post rendering, because those elements would look jerky even if the image was stabilized do to the stabilization processing.

You should not have to stabilize the video from the CGO3+. It should be very smooth. If you see jerky playback that would be a computer issue. Most computers and monitors will not play 4K video properly. Try downloading and using this free player to see if the video plays more smoothly.
Downloads · MPC-HC

You can also try VLC player which works well but is slower to load.

Reactions: iride4u
what are your computer specs? your computer might not be able to handle 4k videos as well. It might not be the software that's causing the issue. What processor do you have? How much RAM, etc?

Ok, and thanks for that. But what if you render in a lower resolution? Like I said, the detail still looks good, but it's slightly jerky. I did a render at 720, and it looks good but still jerky. Maybe it is the hardware......... My thinking was...maybe a render at 1080 and the 1440 the jerkiness would go away.
But you may be correct, that it's the hardware I am playing the movie on, that is the actual issue.

what are your computer specs? your computer might not be able to handle 4k videos as well. It might not be the software that's causing the issue. What processor do you have? How much RAM, etc?

If you Render it down to say 720, 1080, or 1440 shouldn't that reduce file size, and also make the movie be able to run on lesser hardware?

Here are the specs for the two machines I have used to view some of the videos:

Machine # 1

Win 7
64 Bit
Intel i5 Dual Core @ 2.6GHz, 2.6 GHz (4 logical processors)
8 GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics 3000

Machine # 2

Win 7
64 Bit
Intel i7 Quad Core @ 2.93 GHz, 2.93 GHz (8 logical processors)
16 GB Ram
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580

I plan on playing the video from Machine # 2 through an HD DLP projector.

your machine 2 has good specs. do you have a small sized 4k video clip (unedited) I can download? I would like to see what you are talking about when you say "jerky" video. I'd like to see if it's coming from the source (camera), or if you're only experiencing it in the editing software.

your machine 2 has good specs. do you have a small sized 4k video clip (unedited) I can download? I would like to see what you are talking about when you say "jerky" video. I'd like to see if it's coming from the source (camera), or if you're only experiencing it in the editing software.

I shot the film in 3840 x 2160 @ 30 fps.

The smallest (unprocessed) file I have is 340 MB and 57 seconds long.
I'd be happy to send that to you.

I have not rendered anything at original resolutions. I have done a 720 P rendering, and now rendering a 1080 P version. and will render a 1440 P version. For the most part, the 720 looks good, but you can see that there appears to be a bit jerkiness to it in certain places.
That is what I have so far. I haven't uploaded anything to YouTube or anything like that.

It might simply be the hardware, but I don't know for sure if it is. But I am like everyone else and learning, so that's why I am here asking questions.

Last edited:
Thank you Steve, very informative and professional, nice catch at the end of video one as well. This has been the topic of quite a few posts in other areas recently.

I wonder if it could possibly the cropping I did of the video? I have maintain aspect ratio turned off. But each clip is cropped. I wonder if I should take all the cropping out and reprocess everything?
Could that be what is making my video look jittery?

I should add, it is only a little jittery, and clear at 720. I did try a 1080 and there is more detail, but still a little jittery.

I wonder if it could possibly the cropping I did of the video? I have maintain aspect ratio turned off. But each clip is cropped. I wonder if I should take all the cropping out and reprocess everything?
Could that be what is making my video look jittery?

I should add, it is only a little jittery, and clear at 720. I did try a 1080 and there is more detail, but still a little jittery.
Did you try using a different video player? I still suspect it's hardware related. What is the model of the projector?

I haven't even tried the projector yet. I am trying to find out why this is choppy, and I am viewing the film on Machine # 2.

Machine # 2

Win 7
64 Bit
16 GB Ram
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580

I could upload a couple small clips to YouTube for someone to take a look at if anyone is willing to look at them.

I'd really like some help, if possible. Heck if I knew someone around my area that was more experienced with digital film processing and editing, I'd pay them to help me. LOL>

I haven't even tried the projector yet. I am trying to find out why this is choppy, and I am viewing the film on Machine # 2.

Machine # 2

Win 7
64 Bit
16 GB Ram
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580

I could upload a couple small clips to YouTube for someone to take a look at if anyone is willing to look at them.

I'd really like some help, if possible. Heck if I knew someone around my area that was more experienced with digital film processing and editing, I'd pay them to help me. LOL>
can you upload the video to your Google Drive for us to download? I'd like to see the raw video file and not some compressed video on Youtube.
Earlier today, someone posted a video with his new TH and I thought it looked "jerky" at times. Do you think that's what's happening with your video?

I'll load it up on Google Drive. It just might be that it's the hardware that is making it look jumpy jittery, but it'd be nice to have someone else look. I have new video cards coming for two of my Workstations. I'll know if it is a bad camera, bad processing after that for sure.

And I looked at this video you just showed me and yes, that is what it is doing.

I just looked in another thread, and there was something in there about resetting VLC. So I did, and when I look at my Raw Video, even thought I think I need to upgrade the video card on this machine, it looks way smoother. So I am thinking it might have something to do with the actual processing of the movie.

This thread here about Choppy Video helped me, to look at VLC.
Choppy Video

I reset the preferences. Tools > Preferences. Then at the bottom you can reset all the preferences.
There was a lot of cropping in the video, so that might have contributed to the choppiness. I am going to shoot more footage, and then re-edit and avoid as much cropping as I can and then process the video and see how it comes out. It could be The Sony Movie Studio 13 that is also giving me issues. But now looking at the raw footage, I don't think it's my camera. 5 minutes until my raw footage clip is uploaded in Google Drive and I can share it.

Anyone that wants to see the clip taken from Yuneec, just message me here with the info I need to share (email address)

I am beginning to think its either the hardware or Sony Movie Studio not being able to process 4K.
But the hardware on the PC I use Machine # 2, is good enough to play the clips at 4k, using a smaller FPS, but not good enough to process 4 K video. I'll know next week when the new video cards come in. And after that, I might need a good recommendation on better software to process 4 K movies.

What frame rate are you publishing at? If you export an edited movie at a different frame rate (ie 24fps when you recorded at 30fps) you'll see jerkiness.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430