Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO-3 4K camera with steady grip

Reaction score
Hi, all...I recently bought a used package, with a Q500 4K, ST-10+, and a Steady Grip. I actually purchased it, mainly for the Steady Grip capability, since I already have a Q500, and CGO-2. As well as several Blade QX 350's, and now a Typhoon H.

I finally got around to purchasing some NiMH batteries for the Steady Grip, but when I went to install the CGO-3, I see that the Steady Grip doesn't have the "connectors" on the slide-on mount to mate up to the ones on the camera. I guess there are several different ones. This one has a connector sticking out behind the mount, I assume for a pigtail, that could connect to the camera, somehow. The camera doesn't seem to have any wires sticking out, like the CGO-2 does, for connecting to the Grip. Then, to further confuse, I have seen some Steady Grips, that HAVE the connectors on the slide mount for the camera, which apparently connect directly into the steady grip.

I need to know what is going on - the person I bought it from, says that's the grip that came with the package. But that there is no pigtail. As it sits, there's no way to get power to the camera from the steady rest. Further, I have been looking at Yuneec sites, and others, and can find NO reference to the pigtail, where to find one, etc, etc.

Perhaps vital info - I have two Steady grips, one came with a Q500, with a CGO2 camera, has 8 rechargeable battery compartment. The other I have seems exactly the same, but supposedly came shipped with the 4K. The slide on mount is entirely plastic, with no connectors. on the mount itself, with the connector built in, an inch or so away from the mount. I read somewhere that the CGO2 should only have 6 batteries...

Why is this all so confusing??

Any help at all, would be greatly appreciated!!!

Why is this all so confusing??
I agree, it is confusing. The Q500 4K usually has the pigtail included which uses just 3 wires.
You can get it from Yuneec or here: Yuneec Connection Wire Between Q500 4K and Gimbal

Most of those who frequently use the steady grip have modified it to use a lipo battery which increases the run time to a few hours. I think there are several Youtube videos about doing this conversion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval