Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO-ET - H480/H520 After the dust settles, what's the compatibility

Reaction score
Been several threads, leaning both ways on compatibility.
Some indicate a FW update, some state different electronic / FW requirements.

Was there a final outcome?
Can you adapt H480 CGO-ET to use as H520 CGO-ET.

If not, what was the final news as to non-compatible?

IMO: if not compatible, that was a poor decision by Yuneec.
Same camera, same name, not compatible? Poor business & marketing decision.

Last edited:
Still waiting to get that info. I have been sitting on my CGO-ET hoping that there will be some clear information on this. I was all set to pull the trigger on a 520. Then I seen some unfavorable posts about the camera compatibility and the bird itself. Just been chillin to see how it was all gonna shake out.

The camera is identical for both models. Only the firmware is different. I would guess you need to send the camera to a facility that can reload the firmware.

Can the End User flash & install new FW.
Is the new FW for H520 only or downward compatible too?
Was wondering once upgraded to new FW if can be used on all models or now dedicated to H520.

I have asked Yuneec in an email if there is something we can do as far as updating the CGO-ET to work with the H520. Send it in, plug it in to update, anything. I sent this email last Tuesday (2/13) and they have opened a case, but I have yet to here from them. It's funny, as I sent the email to both Yuneec Germany and Yuneec UK and got a response within two days from both (they said talk to Yuneec US).

Matt, great update and still amazing there isn't a definitive answer or something specified on Yuneec support Web page on this matter... since it's a major question and should be a quick answer to provide a support response.

I agree the European Yuneec's respond much quicker... although I've always had the same response as you... contact the USA support.

Reactions: matt750
Yuneec US does not seem to respond well to emails. Your best option is to call just as they open in the morning. I'm confident you will need to send the camera to a facility that can change the firmware.

Reactions: matt750
Probably, which for my purposes rules it out. I was hoping to upgrade/downgrade with FW.

May use on H480 or H520... same hardware with different FW was hoping for flexibility.

Got off the phone with Yuneec USA yesterday. They said nope, can't send it in. Different software, hardware, etc (what they said). I told them it wasn't very clear when the H520 came out and when the CGO-ET came out that they would not be compatible and that there is two different models. He said it has been very clear from the beginning and that there is two different part numbers. Obviously there is now, but I don't think it was very clear. Anyway, I went on to express myself as if they cared and that was that! FOR SALE CGO-ET $1400--H480 ONLY

Got off the phone with Yuneec USA yesterday. They said nope, can't send it in. Different software, hardware, etc (what they said). I told them it wasn't very clear when the H520 came out and when the CGO-ET came out that they would not be compatible and that there is two different models. He said it has been very clear from the beginning and that there is two different part numbers. Obviously there is now, but I don't think it was very clear. Anyway, I went on to express myself as if they cared and that was that! FOR SALE CGO-ET $1400--H480 ONLY
Matt, thanks for Update!
Not to counter... but aren't they known to have different stories by different Reps on different days? I'm not convinced they are different hardware yet.
So is the ET officially out for the H520?

Anyone from the UK have any different story on your end?

Hmmm... since the H-Plus is based on H520 but different software, does that indicate it may accept the H480 CGO-ET?

So is the ET officially out for the H520?
The ET with the 480 firmware won't work on the 520, but the ET with the 520 firmware will work.
Hmmm... since the H-Plus is based on H520 but different software, does that indicate it may accept the H480 CGO-ET?
We'll have to wait and see.

Steve, So on the hopfull side, you think 520 FW would surface with utility to flash onto ET 480 unit. Or the 480 is 480 period, done.
I'm confident there will be no way for the user to change the firmware on the ET. I find it difficult to believe Yuneec cannot do it. Their statement would suggest the processor is different for the 32 bit and 64 bit versions. If that's true, then it would not be possible to change the firmware by anyone. I hope we get better information in the next month or so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone