Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO-ET: Thermal live feed URL

Reaction score
Hi,

because someone asked me about the thermal live feed URL: it is rtsp://192.168.42.1:8554/live

I can't verify this URL, but maybe it works and helps someone, who owns this device.

If it does work, it would be short range unless you can connect a good antenna to the receiving device. The HDMI output from the ST16 is probably the best method to get the feed. Nevertheless, this would be an interesting test.

Most questions concerning the ET is how to receive the stream on a separate notebook or device with a big screen, so rarely a smartphone or tablet device. Using VLC on a computer with an external high range antenna would fit perfectly for this use case

Hi,

because someone asked me about the thermal live feed URL: it is rtsp://192.168.42.1:8554/live

I can't verify this URL, but maybe it works and helps someone, who owns this device.
Can verify this works, although the normal live feed and the thermal live feed have a small delay when using VLC.

hi
you can setup the buffer in vlc for network streaming- try to set it to very slow buffer - example 50ms
so your "delay" is not so big, cause the stream comes then in smaller packets faster in the pipe.

open network stream- - check more options - - set the buffering time smallest - - test the setting and change it for you where you can watch the best result. it is depended on wifi link qualitiy too.

bzw if you watch the video longer on the st16 you will note, that the video becomes sometimes a "stuck" with an hold - this comes from the different buffering between the higher frame rate of natural camera and the 9 Hz thermal camera - somtimtes then flush the pipe and starts again the Soft-FiFo i think this is a small thing, that yuneec can make detailed a little better - but it is ok for me.

If you use a rtsp player you can usually zoom to your desktop example.
since we have cgi commands for the CGOET - we can set the Lepton types -
and we have not only 5 - we get 11 types now , ( credit goes to HE )
and a custom "rtsp player" was created

best wishes

Attachments

• info.jpg
    info.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: sillycornvalley
hi
you can setup the buffer in vlc for network streaming- try to set it to very slow buffer - example 50ms
so your "delay" is not so big, cause the stream comes then in smaller packets faster in the pipe.

open network stream- - check more options - - set the buffering time smallest - - test the setting and change it for you where you can watch the best result. it is depended on wifi link qualitiy too.

bzw if you watch the video longer on the st16 you will note, that the video becomes sometimes a "stuck" with an hold - this comes from the different buffering between the higher frame rate of natural camera and the 9 Hz thermal camera - somtimtes then flush the pipe and starts again the Soft-FiFo i think this is a small thing, that yuneec can make detailed a little better - but it is ok for me.

If you use a rtsp player you can usually zoom to your desktop example.
since we have cgi commands for the CGOET - we can set the Lepton types -
and we have not only 5 - we get 11 types now , ( credit goes to HE )
and a custom "rtsp player" was created

best wishes
Hi,
unfortunately, I couldn't find the optimum buffering speed for my wifi link. It's either too low for the video to even start buffering or there's a delay in the feed.

br scv

@sillycornvalley

i noted this in the past at my testings:
if i connect by android phone and there are some prozesses in background
and there is wifi link to the camera, the phone try's sometimes to get internet connection
over the wifi link of the camera. example system updates and so on.
the same can be happened - if pc register "wifi link available" then some programms want make systemupdate or others - this can depress or weaken the bandwidth of the stream too.
best wishes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech