Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO-ET

Reaction score
Hi all,

I would appreciate it if someone was to inform me if the CGO - ET is compatible with the Typhoon h and the Typhoon h Pro versions

Thanks

Mike

There are two different cameras.
YUNEEC CGOET

One of them is compatible with H480, another with H520. Asked the manufactury about the possibility to reflash one into another, but they told me that this is impossible. The difference is in the communication protocol between the craft and the camera.

So, be careful when you see a hot offer on eBay. The chance to get exactly what you want is 50/50 if the seller doesn't say what is the camera. The official seller tried to convince me the camera is suitable for everything. After a long discussion, she told me the camera is for 520 and promise to change the listing accordingly. The listing was changed some weeks later.

BTW I'm looking for CGO-ET for H480 too, but with no success for now.

There are two different cameras.
YUNEEC CGOET

One of them is compatible with H480, another with H520. Asked the manufactury about the possibility to reflash one into another, but they told me that this is impossible. The difference is in the communication protocol between the craft and the camera.

So, be careful when you see a hot offer on eBay. The chance to get exactly what you want is 50/50 if the seller doesn't say what is the camera. The official seller tried to convince me the camera is suitable for everything. After a long discussion, she told me the camera is for 520 and promise to change the listing accordingly. The listing was changed some weeks later.

BTW I'm looking for CGO-ET for H480 too, but with no success for now.
Thanks for your prompt reply much appreciated

BTW, just got a shining idea. Let someone check are the gimbal PCB for the CGO3+ and CGO-ET the same? The first step is a visual check. If they look the same, they should be swappable (IMHO!).

Reactions: Mike Irish
BTW, just got a shining idea. Let someone check are the gimbal PCB for the CGO3+ and CGO-ET the same? The first step is a visual check. If they look the same, they should be swappable (IMHO!).

'Should be' is the thing, but the two versions of the CGO-ET are not swappable. The Part #s are different for the two versions. They look the same to me, but they are not swappable, and there's no flashing one to become the other.

I've got H480s, bought the wrong CGO-ET for them some time ago trying to get a deal on eBay and found it wouldn't work.

I was soon pleased that Vertigo had the one I needed in stock and the other went quick on eBay for a bit more than I paid.

I think an H480 with the correct CGO-ET might still be the least expensive of the lower-resolution rigs. They work fine for what they are, but there's a tortured workflow to get the thermal imagery from them in Windows.

There's some advice on how to do it in this thread if you're on Windows and need it: CGO-ET Thermal Image Overlay

Just for my information, did you see and test or you just know from somewhere? The Yuneec company is based on the outsourcers, which gives иntermediate quality in all instances. From poor software design to a lot of deep holes in the security and so on. I know that both cameras aren't directly swappable due to different communication protocols. Interesting is to prepare one from parts. Interesting as an idea, because I'm planning to prepare one CGO3+ as a thermal one with some modifications. But this will be later, now the topic is scintillation M12 lenses.

Let me say here too. For my experiments, I'm looking to buy some defective CGO3 or 3+ cameras, which still can connect to the controller and show the picture. The gimbal condition is not important at all.

Just for my information, did you see and test or you just know from somewhere? The Yuneec company is based on the outsourcers, which gives иntermediate quality in all instances. From poor software design to a lot of deep holes in the security and so on. I know that both cameras aren't directly swappable due to different communication protocols. Interesting is to prepare one from parts. Interesting as an idea, because I'm planning to prepare one CGO3+ as a thermal one with some modifications. But this will be later, now the topic is scintillation M12 lenses.

Let me say here too. For my experiments, I'm looking to buy some defective CGO3 or 3+ cameras, which still can connect to the controller and show the picture. The gimbal condition is not important at all.
You've got more skills than I have, so have at it, lotsa luck, it sound like you're planning to do a lot more than just flashing.

I believe the guy at Vertigo who might be the last of the good Yuneec dealers over here, plus the advice of half a dozen Yuneec Pilots here. I don't know exactly how the cameras differ, but believe they do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanidharavi