Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO sensor board swap?

Reaction score
I have a broken CGO with a peau 8.2 lens in it.
I have a spare CGO3+ which looks like it has the difficult lens mount so I thought maybe I could swao the boards which will give me the peau fitted lens in the good CGO3+
I have followed the peau video to the point they are ready to take the lens out, however the ribbon cable only appears to be held on by sticky stuff and popped off.
Does anyone know how easy this is to raelign on assembly as I don't want to risk a useless camera if I take the good one apart?

That ribbon cable is the part that killed my camera back when I tried a lens swap. Although flexible it’s pretty intolerant where it connects to things at the ends.

If moved straight up and down a little it does ok but any twisting can end up the death of the camera.

That ribbon cable is the part that killed my camera back when I tried a lens swap. Although flexible it’s pretty intolerant where it connects to things at the ends.

If moved straight up and down a little it does ok but any twisting can end up the death of the camera.
Well I did it anyway and all okay, I didn't realise how the white strip flipped up to let the cable in/out of the board. A bit flimsy to say the least.
I have to thank Richard Gilmore for the advice and it all went smoothly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech