Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 4k Camera fail

Reaction score
Okay I got a question... I have a q500 4K. I know my batteries are **** so I just went and bought two brand new ones. Went to go fly... The RC would connect to the S10+, But it failed to initialize the camera. I then noticed smoke coming from the square thing that the camera holds on to. (Camera mount?)

I think the three wires that were soldered in were touching or something. I replaced them with the cable that came with the accessories and have been using it ever since because one time I had a slight crash and the camera fell off ripping the wires. So I use the cable instead. No problems since.

But today.... I noticed some smoke coming out of that camera mount area. Even though all of the lines were clipped so there was no metal showing. Did I fry the camera? Or did I fry the camera part to the drone? I'm not sure.

I'm going to try to hook the camera up to the hand gimbal thing, after I go and get eight rechargeable batteries. The camera is a CGO3 pro 4K. And/or does anybody else have one for sale that's not too expensive. Just a thought. let me know your thoughts and such.

Anyway to test or anything. The drone flies perfectly fine just no connection to video Wi-Fi..

Update**** I cannot get the camera to work in the hand gimbal. So my guess is that my camera is shot? Damnit. Definitely looking for a replacement unless I could figure something out.

I was able to buy another q 500 4K from somebody, nothing wrong with it It seems to fly fine. I took the camera off of that and put it on The first drone that I had and that camera did not work on my drone but does on the drone it came with. So I'll just use the spare drone that I bought and use mine for parts. My question is The second drone came with a S10 Plus transmitter. But when I move the transmitter back and forth or turn it left and right it makes a buzzing sound? I did not remember that on my transmitter with the first q500 4K. Would anybody know why it does that?

If it makes that sound only when you are still on the ground, that is normal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz