Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 Camera Question

Reaction score
Following the spectacular crash of my Q500 the other day, I've been trying to repair the camera. It, along with the right front motor, had receive most of the damage - completely destroying the housing, bending the pitch arm, and breaking the plastic piece that holds the camera lens and electronics board.

I've found the housing online for a very reasonable price, straightened the pitch arm, and 3D printed a replacement for the lens/electronic mount (I couldn't find any other QCO3 replacement parts online).

My problem now is that once re-assembled, the whole gimbal goes completely spastic when powered up. I don't see any other physical damage or broken wires. The curious thing is that if I remove the pitch position sensor from the pitch arm, the random motion stops, the camera video works, but there's a periodic beeping from the camera electronics board.

Has anyone else seen this behavior or have an idea what might be causing it?

Replacing the motors and/or the mainboard is impossible without the "factory calibration software". This is due to the fact that the position is determind by hall sensors which refer to circular magnets. These magnets can be placed in any angle. In order to work properly, the magnet has to be placed in the the same angle or the mainboard has to be recalibrated.

You can try to send it to Yuneec or certified repair stors which might have this software in order to get it recalibrated properly.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Thanks for the info jannislh.

It's pretty beat up and likely not cost effective to have sent out for repairs (I've already bought a replacement Q500 complete system for 2/3rds the list price of the QCO3 alone). I'll fiddle with this for a while longer and if I can't get it to behave (which doesn't sound likely), I'll put it into a fixed position and use it that way (though I might have to find out where the beeping is coming from and disable that).

I struggled with CGO3+. Had strong vibrations by the gimbal. But those disappered when I attached the back cover of the camera. Maybe some wights to bring it in balance may help.

The beeps are error messages from the gimbal SW. They use the motors to generate the sound (as the copter do so). If use it in fix position you can unplug all motors and it shoulb be quit.

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco