Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ going crazy with new mainboard

Reaction score
A few day ago I had an unexpected rapid descend while the gear was up. In fact the camera took a major hit. The vertical beam was bent as well as several cracks in the plastic parts.

Most of the repair was done without any problems. The camera is working fine but the gimbal was causing troubles. It did nothing unusual but the pitch was not working at all. Quickly I figured out, that it was caused by the connector from the Mainboard to the pitch motor, which was completly ripped of the PCB.

In fact I replaced the mainboard but now the gimbal is going absolutly crazy. There is no better way to describe whats happening. It just keeps spinning around z-axis, banging around x- and y-axis and is not reacting to anything.

The mainboard ist deffinitly working since I took it out of a working gimbal with broken camera. As soon as I swap back the mainboards everthing is working fine again. But still I have no pitch for obvious reasons.

Do you know any help? I am quiet frustrated right now.

Check all of your wiring from the motherboard to the camera. You may have a loose or disconnected wire.
These wire are very very thin and will rip or dislodge. Check the board that is housed on the frame of the camera.
I'm showing an H camera, hopefully the guts are the same?
I had my camera rip off, it was a tedious repair job.

Attachments

• DSC_0029.JPG
    10.8 MB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0034.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Thank you for you reply. Actually I did check these wires and found no problems. The wiring on the mainboard itself can be mixed up very easily so I took photos in order to get them back in place.

Yuneec is using circular magnets to determine the position of the motors. Is it possible that they do not care about their positon during assembly? In this case I might need to do something like a "hard calibration" or complete reset. The normal calibration does not help at all. I am not even sure if it starts because the camera keeps going crazy.

@Steve Carr suggested on another post with camera issues also;

"Next thing to try is resetting the camera. There are two buttons behind the sd card slot. Use a couple of broken toothpicks and press both buttons at the same time while the camera is powered up. After the cam reboots, test it again".

Last edited:
Or, @Steve Carr suggested on another post with camera issues also;

"Before doing anything more with the camera I suggest doing a factory reset of the controller, create a new model and then bind to that model.
Go to Pad, Settings, Reset and do a factory reset".

Last edited:
I would not reset the ST16. I'm pretty sure that this will not help. Somewhere in a German forum I have read that the gimal and its controller are measured in by factory. It's possible that gimbal and controller settings are unique for each gimbal. This would explain why calibration will not help.
But a gimbal/camera reset by the two tiny buttons is a good proposal. It is worth to try.

br HE

Reactions: AH-1G
I recall that also, I think there is a special gimbal calibration tool/software used by repair centers to get it working. It will be a pain but an authorized repair center should be able to factory re-calibrate your new main board to your gimbal.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Yep GW, I have seen references to that gimbal factory calibration as well...

Replacement of electronic parts in the gimbal will almost certainly require a calibration by Yuneec's proprietary software at a repair facility. Camera parts and the slip ring are the exception.

Great thanks for all of your replies. As far as I found out, you are right. There is a special software to perform the so called factory callibration. Luckily Yuneec Europe is located in Kaltenkirchen which is only about 30km away from my home so will try to visit them in a short time.

I will let you know if it worked out.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone