Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 + horizontal tilt problem

Reaction score
Hi Pilots .....

I have a problem with my CGO3 +, a problem that appeared yesterday .....

My camera tilts horizontally on the right for no reason ..... at least apparent ..... an angle of about 40 ° ....

when I cut the drone and restart it, the camera will reset itself and return to the position until the next tilt .....: evil:

Today, calibration of the Gimbal, square surface, measure taken at the level ..... I even pushed the screw to orient myself to the north .... know it never ... !!

Flight today and rebelotte ..... something to worry about a new machine that accumulates 3hrs of flight ... !!!! especially when digging I come across a publication where a guy has the same problem ... he goes around in circles for a while without Yuneec solves the problem .... on a machine has more than 1000 € it hurts ... .

In short .... an idea comes to me ... !!

I used on the two flights concerned by the problem, a CPL filter, and earlier I asked myself the question if it could not come from this filter, maybe its weight, or can be an imbalance to a place on the circumference of the mount of the filter due to a quality defect .... (I confess not to have typed in the high-end level filter: Neewer batch of 4 filters ND4, ND8, CPL, UV, for 15 € ..... not what to expect miracles, but yet the CPL behaves rather well contrasts level ... !!)
Anyway I did a test just now, running the drone, trying several modes of control of the Cam .... and this for 6 to 7 minutes ..... in leaving the drone posed .... the CGO3 + does not flinch and behaves nickel ....

Then I re-edited the same test with the famous CPL filter, and gradually as the manipulations, the horizontal tilt recovers ... !!!
I leave the filter, without turning off the drone, I repeat the same manipulations, and gradually the gimbal in its normal position ....

I specify that the radio is on and the camera properly connected ..... I do not quite know what to think .... I would be glad that the trouble comes from the filter and not the CGO3 .....

I am going to carry out further tests and keep you informed .... however, if someone has an idea, an opinion, a similar problem, I am interested .....

A filter that is too heavy will throw the camera out of balance and will cause some strange reactions.

C'est ce que je pense aussi, mais personne ne semble avoir de problèmes à cause du poids des filtres, alors j'attends des tests plus précis ...

I'm pretty sure its the heavy filter that is causing the issue. I have a CPL filter I was using the other day and my video kept tilting to the side. Power off, power on fixed it both times it happened, but it was also the only time I ever used the CPL filter. When I use ND filters which are much smaller and lighter, I don't run into this issue. Its a shame, but I guess I won't be using the CPL very often.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace