Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ Lens Hood

DCH

Dr. FrankenPhoon
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these? They look pretty small, I'm wondering if they help at all.
ScreenHunter_5913 Nov. 20 16.26.jpg

I did, when I had the CGO3+... it did reduce lens flare in shots... I do not think it could be made any bigger without creating additional vibration due to wind resistance, but as it is, it worked well. I used the model designed for the Polar Pro filters.

Reactions: DCH
Thanks for the info. It's that time of year in the Northwest when the sun is at its lowest for the next month or so, it always looks like an hour before sunset even at mid day. Time to stop wondering and pull the trigger.

I wonder why we could not make one ourselves, even use diff material or put holes in to relieve wind resistance, or diff shape, etc.

i believe the guy is just using a filter frame attaching the tulip onto it via glue or soldier.

anyone ??

Reactions: DCH
I wonder why we could not make one ourselves, even use diff material or put holes in to relieve wind resistance, or diff shape, etc.

That's the spirit! You certainly are the hard core DYIer as you stated before! It would be easy to do just that, though holes would be counter productive because they would let light thru.

Let us know what you come with, I'd be interested to see since I too am a hard core DIYer.

However, I do have my standards and anything I make would have to look OEM and that always takes extra time. So for 15 buck$, I'm just going to buy one. ;)

I could really do with one of these, but not finding them available to the UK so far... I can find the ebay.co.uk page that list them, but it has an 'only ships to the US' warning.

i believe the guy is just using a filter frame attaching the tulip onto it via glue or soldier.
Nope - there are 2 versions, and they either clamp between Freewell filters and the lens, or hook on to the 2 little tabs at the front of the stock UV filter / Neewer ND filters.

Did you try this US seller on ebay?
HOOD YUNEEC CGO3 & CGO3+
Doesn't say they don't ship overseas, there is a place to select country in the shipping details.
If not, I could order 2 and send you one if necessary.

Did you try this US seller on ebay?
HOOD YUNEEC CGO3 & CGO3+

Ah, thank you, but it's done that thing where it won't link properly - I only get the ebay home page...
Also very kind of you to offer to send me one - but I think you're probably right - if there is UK postal option then perhaps their warning is in error.

Happy to help if I can. You might have a cookie problem or something. Try searching for ebay item 222373116731
This is the one for the stock Yuneec filter, however this seller sells all versions of it.

Reactions: AeroJ
I did, when I had the CGO3+... it did reduce lens flare in shots... I do not think it could be made any bigger without creating additional vibration due to wind resistance, but as it is, it worked well. I used the model designed for the Polar Pro filters.
Like Eagle's Eye, I also used one designed for the Polar Pro filters and found that it did reduce lens flare. I stopped using it however, because I felt it was putting a lot of stress on the gimbal. After one particular flight that was a bit windy, I landed with the gimbal twitching badly and one of the gimbal motors screaming loudly. Never had the issue reoccur after I stopped using the hood. Since then I've also learned to appreciate lens flare and often some of my best stills have some flare as part of the shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1