Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ to ST16 micro sd card issues

Murray Martz

Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I have a Typhoon H that came with a micro sd ( 16gig ) card. When I am done recording, if I put the card in the ST16 to view the drone footage or edit it, the card reads as bad. If I put the card in the PC, I am able to view the files. Even after formatting the card with the ST16, once removed then put back in, I get the same error about the card being blank, and would I like to format. Every card tested, works fine on PC and Android.

Here is what I have tried so far with no success and same results for all.

1) Try new card of same size
2) Try many new cards of same size
3) Try new cards of different sizes
4) Format cards with ST16
5) Format cards on multiple Android devices
6) Format card on PC
7) Copy files from card to PC, format card via Android device or PC. Then transfer files that are on PC to fresh formatted card/cards. Return card to ST16 to view, cards not readable, please format....WTF?

Am I missing something?
Should this card have a specific format to work on the ST16

Looking for input.

Thanks
Murray

I have a Typhoon H that came with a micro sd ( 16gig ) card. When I am done recording, if I put the card in the ST16 to view the drone footage or edit it, the card reads as bad. If I put the card in the PC, I am able to view the files. Even after formatting the card with the ST16, once removed then put back in, I get the same error about the card being blank, and would I like to format. Every card tested, works fine on PC and Android.

6) Format card on PC
7) Copy files from card to PC, format card via Android device or PC. Then transfer files that are on PC to fresh formatted card/cards. Return card to ST16 to view, cards not readable, please format....WTF?

Am I missing something?

Looking for input.

Thanks
Murray
The ST16 simply requires the card to be formatted as FAT32. It sounds like there is a malfunction with the card reader on the controller.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to try putting a few music files on the card and see if it can read them. If it can't see them, then it has to be that.

In Canada. Bought it through London Drugs. Was half off at the time, so jumped all over that deal.
Guess you should consider how important the sdcard slot might be. I haven't used mine since I got it. For updates I connected directly to the pc. With the latest firmware the last several videos and pictures are recorded on the ST16 so you can see them without the card. With the auto update feature it will do updates via wifi. The card slot really is redundant at this point.

6) Format card on PC

Am I missing something?

Looking for input.

Thanks
Murray
I got on to ask about the same problem, however...my card problem happened after I did theST16 new download but the camera won't recognize the card for the Typhoon. I still have the old Typhoon firmware and can see the camera on the ST16. So new firmware on the ST16, old firmware on the typhoon. Won't read the card on the typhoon. Suggestion?

I got on to ask about the same problem, however...my card problem happened after I did theST16 new download but the camera won't recognize the card for the Typhoon. I still have the old Typhoon firmware and can see the camera on the ST16. So new firmware on the ST16, old firmware on the typhoon. Won't read the card on the typhoon. Suggestion?
Put the card in the camera and try the update again. Be sure to follow the steps in this video exactly in particular deleting the flight data.

Guess you should consider how important the sdcard slot might be. I haven't used mine since I got it. For updates I connected directly to the pc. With the latest firmware the last several videos and pictures are recorded on the ST16 so you can see them without the card. With the auto update feature it will do updates via wifi. The card slot really is redundant at this point.
Doesn't bother me enough to send it away. Was more of a confirm what I figured. But I can say I am always leary of any update to something that works good without it. In this case I can see the value of it. Being able to see a clip or two on the ST16 would be nice.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Doesn't bother me enough to send it away. Was more of a confirm what I figured. But I can say I am always leary of any update to something that works good without it. In this case I can see the value of it. Being able to see a clip or two on the ST16 would be nice.
Yes, there were a lot of nice features added with this last update. Since the original firmware it seems like a totally new camera. And this update seems solid from what I've seen as far as reliability.

Reactions: Murray Martz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval