Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ top camera mount 3D printed?

Reaction score
Has someone experienced with a 3D printed part? The original one is extremely expensive, the design is not the best one and so on...

Check with @cabinfourus. I believe he had done some 3D printing of parts in the past.

Has someone experienced with a 3D printed part? The original one is extremely expensive, the design is not the best one and so on...
These are the ones we make for Yuneec

s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Steve Carr
Almost the final design. I'll check some dimensions after the last print is completed and I'll post the STL here.

Really, these 15-20 bucks, which traders ask for the original one are not so much. My motivation was raised because I want to have a little different top mount, with some boxes for small PCB's. The part is relatively big and is necessary to have a raft, to be not wrapped in the printing process. ABS is good as a final result but is difficult to use in 3D additive technologies. Walls are 1.5 mm, fill 20%, support. Some final tasks by hand are necessary.

Attachments

• YP_CGO3+_top_mount.jpg
    YP_CGO3+_top_mount.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0248.JPG
    DSC_0248.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: DoomMeister
For the concrete task, this is enough. Everyone can use it for free. If someone wants to sell it or want to have some additional feature in the model, let me say. A small tip will be welcome ;)

About printing tunes. The model is relatively sophisticated. A high-quality print is expected if you want to use it. Near the connector the things aren't the best, some rework by hand is expected. PLA is not suitable material in this case. 0.4 mm layer is OK for home use. For sale - better. No reason to order somewhere to print it if you don't want exactly this. The price for the service will be higher than the original top mount is.

Attachments

• CGO3+ top mount plate.zip
    128.5 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: DoomMeister
For a development work looks quite acceptable.

Attachments

• DSC_0253.JPG
    DSC_0253.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0254.JPG
    DSC_0254.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0255.JPG
    DSC_0255.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 4

Members online

Forum statistics