Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGOET Steady Grip

Reaction score
does anyone knows if the old Steady grip can be used with the H520 CGOET? I mean camera+SteadyGrip+St16s.

Not sure about the 520 cgoet, but it definitely works with the 480 cgoet. I can't see any reason for it not too work. The steadygrip is only supplying power and a single pwm signal for pitch.

Not sure about the 520 cgoet, but it definitely works with the 480 cgoet. I can't see any reason for it not too work. The steadygrip is only supplying power and a single pwm signal for pitch.
Switching on the steady grip the gimbal align and i can connect the camera to the st16s but it only display the rgb image and not the thermal one.
The camera controls are not available and the shot button does not works both on the st16s screen and the harware one on the st16.
Any comments?

Any updates on this ? Still not working, maybe after some firmware-updates ? Isn't there any handheld-device that can work with the CGOET ?

Im planning to buy steady grip for my CGOET(from H 480 of course). I'm not sure about compatibility, does anyone knows and have expirience?

Im planning to buy steady grip for my CGOET(from H 480 of course). I'm not sure about compatibility, does anyone knows and have expirience?

Hi, I just bought an H520 with E90 and CGOET and i'd like to use these camera with a steady grip. Do you know if it is possible today and if i will be able to control them and see the pictures on the ST16 ? Thanks a lot !

Yes the Steadygrip will work with the CGOET for the H & H520. Use your Controller to Operate the Camera.
I'm not sure ! For me, there is only the RGB screen, it is not possible to control the gimbal and the shutter button doesn't work. Can you confirm that it works for you ? (H520, ST16S and CGO ET)

I'm not sure ! For me, there is only the RGB screen, it is not possible to control the gimbal and the shutter button doesn't work. Can you confirm that it works for you ? (H520, ST16S and CGO ET)
I will try this evening if I can, I'm swamped in Yuneec Repairs, and shipping out Parts Orders. I will for sure this week for you...;)

Reactions: geoek
When connected to the SteadyGrip the GCS cannot control the gimbal. That function is accomplished through the 2.4 GHz RC link (like the sticks and landing gear). You can control the pitch of the gimbal by pressing the Mode button on the SteadyGrip and using the thumbwheel to adjust tilt up and down.

The other functions for adjusting the camera, changing modes from video to photo and back, the photo and video buttons are all controlled through the 5.8 GHz WiFi connection with the camera and should function as they would if the camera were connected to the aircraft.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
When connected to the SteadyGrip the GCS cannot control the gimbal. That function is accomplished through the 2.4 GHz RC link (like the sticks and landing gear). You can control the pitch of the gimbal by pressing the Mode button on the SteadyGrip and using the thumbwheel to adjust tilt up and down.

The other functions for adjusting the camera, changing modes from video to photo and back, the photo and video buttons are all controlled through the 5.8 GHz WiFi connection with the camera and should function as they would if the camera were connected to the aircraft.
Yes it should work ! But in reality, it doesn't work for the H520. Can you please confirm that you success to use the CGOET from H520 with a ST16S ?

CGOET for H480 and H520 are different and not interchangeable.

Yes it should work ! But in reality, it doesn't work for the H520. Can you please confirm that you success to use the CGOET from H520 with a ST16S ?
Sorry, wish I could confirm that, but unable to as I do not have that equipment available.

Hopefully another member with that setup could give that combination a try.

for me, with the ST16S you can't control anything and you can only see the RGB stream (with no control, camera is "not connected" on the app).
Thanks to VLC, you can see the thermal stream on a PC.
Problems :
- no control on the gimbal : for the pitch it is a real problem cause the cam stay toward the horizon. So you cannot look up or down.
- no control on the thermal stream : i'd like to change the color and the range.

I see that we can send GET request on the network to control a CGO3. It is perhaps the solution.

There are also SET commands to change the parameters, but I have not explored those associated with the CGO-ET.

There are also SET commands to change the parameters, but I have not explored those associated with the CGO-ET.
It will be so cool to find all the command ! Do you think it is possible to get them with a tool like wireshark, when st16s send request to camera ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanigodda